-30- Plagg, Claws In

Adrien races down the street to Master Fu. He has to beat Ladybug there. He had to. "I can't lose Ladybug, Plagg. Paris can't lose Ladybug."

"What if were too late?" His kwami warns.

"We can't!" He runs inside and slams the door open. Master Fu drops the earrings back in the miracle box. "No! I'm too late!"

"Hello, Adrien," Master Fu greets as he faces him. "I was wondering when you'd show up."

He closes the door and steps forward. "Where's Ladybug?"

"She gave up her miraculous."

"Where is she?" He repeats.

Master Fu frowns. "I can't tell you that, Adrien. You know that better than anyone."

He cries out, "Where is Marinette?!"

Master Fu stares at Adrien with wide eyes, arms crossed. "You know Ladybug's true identity?!"

"No! Yes! I mean—"

Plagg flies out. "Romeo here got curious and followed Ladybug home and saw her transform."

"Adrien! Do you know how dangerous that is?" Master Fu reminds him. "What if Hawk Moth found out you knew? There'd be no limit to what he'd do to you or to Marinette!"

Adrien paces back and forth, running his hands through his wet hair. "I'm sorry! I made a mistake, but I can't lose Marinette or Ladybug. I can't."

"That was a reckless decision, Adrien," Master Fu says, looking between both of them.

Adrien and Plagg share a look.

"So... are you going to take away my miraculous?"

"I thought about it," He admits, but shakes his head. "But since Marinette is no longer Ladybug, it won't be necessary. You cannot let anyone know her true identity, even if she has given up her miraculous. If Hawk Moth finds out—'

"Marinette's in danger. I know." Adrien smiles at Plagg. He's glad he didn't have to give up his kwami or his superhero persona. "Guess we're stuck together."

"And I don't have to give up cheese!" Plagg hugs his holder with a sigh.

Master Fu leads Adrien out the door. "You should get going. It's dangerous for you to be here too long."

He waves. "Goodbye, Master Fu." He walks home.

"For someone who got to keep their miraculous, you don't look very happy," Plagg points out.

"I lost Mari, Plagg." Adrien frowns. "And now I lost Ladybug, too."

"You didn't lose Marinette. You're still friends."

Adrien resists the urge the roll his eyes. "I don't just want to be friends! I love her! I want to be with her!"

"Then tell her!"

"Oh, you think I haven't tried, Plagg? Marinette feels too guilty about what went down with Lila and Felix. She doesn't trust herself." He casts a side-eye to the street. "And there's that New York thing..."

"But Marinette hasn't said if she's going or not," Plagg reminds him.

"She give up her miraculous. Of course she's going. She made a mistake and she's leaving Paris so she doesn't have to face it or anyone. It's not right. I've made mistakes, too. I'm not perfect." No matter how hard I try to be.

Plagg shakes his head. "But Ladybug has to be perfect, Adrien. That's just how it foes."

Hearing that pissed Adrien off. "So Ladybug's never allowed to make a mistake, but a stupid cat like me can? Just because I possess the power of destruction?" He stares at this ring. "It's not fair."