-20- Kissing The Wrong Lips

Cat Noir pulls Marinette closer as they continue kissing. They're both so into it before they realize what's happening. Eyes wide, Marinette jumps back and climbs off Cat Noir. "I am so sorry!"

"No, I'm sorry." Cat Noir forgets he's not Adrien at the moment. He shouldn't be kissing Marinette. "It was my fault."

"I can't believe I just did that!" Marinette shakes her head. "No! I did not just cheat on Adrien!"

Cat Noir wants to laugh at the irony of the situation. Technically, it wasn't cheating, but he couldn't tell her that. Telling her he's Cat Noir would only put her in danger, as Plagg keeps reminding him. "Mari-"

"I-I can't believe I did that." She starts crying. "Adrien's going to hate me."

"No, Mari." Cat Noir steps forward and grabs her hand. "Adrien could never hate you."

"Adrien's probably sitting in his room worried about me and I'm out here kisssing other guys!" Marinette lets go of Cat Noir's hand and leans against the railing. The sky turning to a dark gray. "I'm such a horrible person."

Cat Noir stands behind her, placing a hand on her shoulder. "You can't blame yourself."

"Why not?" She turns to glare at him. "I kissed you, Cat Noir. Not the other way around."

"We're both just confused."

Marinette turns her back to Cat Noir, afraid to look at him. "How am I supposed to tell Adrien? I mean everything to him and I just ruined everything." She snaps. "Like that. Ugh! Why do I have to destroy everything I touch? I'm such a disaster. But I have to tell him. I can't keep another secret from him."

She's referring to Ladybug. "Do you have to tell, Adrien?"

"Of course I do, Cat Noir. Adrien deserves to know." Marinette looks down at the empty streets of Paris. "I just don't know how I'm going to do it in person if his dad won't let him out of the house."

No matter what Cat Noir said, he couldn't convince Marinette that she wasn't in the wrong; she was just misled.

"Please, Cat Noir. I can't look at you right now."

Cat Noir sighs. "I understand, Princess." He grabs her hand, and she doesn't pull back. "I hope this doesn't change anything between us. I'd go insane without these midnight balcony visits."

"I just need some time to breath. To clear my head, Cat Noir." Marinette finally faces him. "You can come back later. I promise I'll let you in." Smiling, she steps forward and hugs him. He gives her a salute before the cat jumps off the railing.

Tikki flies out. "Marinette!"

"I know, Tikki!" She covers her face with her hands. "I kissed Cat Noir! I'm a horrible person. Adrien will be so crushed"

Tikki pats Marinette's head. She wants more than anything to tell her the truth, but she doesn't. She can't. The kwami closes her eyes and rests her little head against her owner's wet cheek. "I'm sorry, Marinette."

"Cat Noir and I have just gotten so close after Evillustrator and our midnight balcony visits." Marinette faces the city. "I need to clear my head. I need to see Adrien. Staying here won't help. Tikki, spots on!" She transforms into Ladybug, using her yo-yo to jump from building to building. She had to see if Adrien was okay. Keeping her yo-yo sturdy, she lowers herself outside Adrien's window.

Adrien sits at his desk, staring at a picture of Marinette on his computer. He sees Ladybug's reflection in the screen and spins around. "Ladybug?!"

Startled, Ladybug lets go of her yo-yo and falls through Adrien's open window, landing directly on her face. "Ow..."