-34- Switch and Bait

Gabriel and Nathalie stand in the foyer as Adrien's fencing partner, Kagami, and her mother, Tomoe Tsurugi, enter his mansion. He bows to the girl and mother and gestures towards the staircase. "We're waiting on my son, Adrien. He likes to take long showers and pamper himself."

Mr. Agreste is flying to Japan to promote his partnership with Tomoe Tsurugi, with Nathalie, Kagami, and Adrien—who is being forced to go. Once Adrien revealed his distaste of the trip, his father decided he wouldn't stay home alone. Though—unknown to him—it will be Felix joining in his son's clothes.

"That sounds like Adrien," Kagami jokes, and lowers her head in shame as her mother glances over. She wasn't one to joke in front of her mother, but after being friends with Marinette for so long, her fun side poked out a few times.

"I'm glad our partnership is growing, Gabriel," Tomoe speaks to the tall man, using her cane to guide her across the foyer. "I've been planning this trip for months and I'm excited to go back."

"As am I, Tomoe," Gabriel says, glancing back at his son's room. What is taking him so long?

Nathalie steps forward. "Would you like me to go get Adrien, sir?"

"That would be best—"

"Sorry, father!" Felix shouts—charading as Adrien—and he runs down the steps, carrying a suitcase behind him. "I lost track of time while I was styling my hair."

From his bedroom listening, Adrien rolls his eyes and smacks his forehead. He and Marinette are hiding, waiting for the group to leave, and will use this weekend as an opportunity to sneak into Gabriel Agreste's office and look for clues, evidence, anything to prove his father is Hawk Moth.

Kagami stares at Adrien and raises an eyebrow. Something seems off about him. "Hello, Adrien. It's nice to see you again."

"You too, Kagami," Felix greets with a smile. "Are you excited to see Japan?"

She nods. "I am. The scenery is beautiful there."

Nathalie opens the front door and escorts the group out. "Our flight leaves in an hour, sir. We need to leave now."

"Yes, yes," Gabriel whispers, offering his arm to Tomoe as he leads her down the front steps to the car.

Kagami side-eyes 'Adrien' as they walk to the car. She doesn't know what he's hiding, but she's determined to find out before they land in Japan.

The front door closes.

Adrien and Marinette tip-toe downstairs and peek out the window. His father's car disappears through the gates. "Now or never, Milady." He uses the spare key Felix swiped for them last night and unlocks his father's office. "You ready?"