-12- Daddy's Approval

Adrien waits in Marinette's living room, a pink rose in his hand. Her parents smile big at him while they wait for her to come downstairs. "So... nice weather we're having today?"

"I can't believe it," Tom says, looking at his wife. "Our Marinette is having dinner with her favorite fashion designer! Do you know how jealous other brands will be if they knew she was meeting with Mr. Agreste?"

"Tom, calm down, honey." Sabine laughs. "Marinette's just going over for dinner."

"My father does want to take a look at her designs, though," Adrien says.

Tom's eyes widen. "This is incredible!"

"So, how do I look, Tikki?" Marinette stands in front of the mirror, trying on her new dress. The skirt's so puffy she has to keep pushing it down. She adjust her gloves and straightens them out. "I look like a giant ladybug."

"Well, technically you are." Tikki's eyes widen. "Not that giant part, though!"

Marinette laughs and rubs Tikki's head. "I knew what you meant."

"You look beautiful, Marinette. But there's something missing." Tikki flies to the back of her head and takes out her ponytails. She grabs her brush, struggling to carry it, and evens out her hair. "Wear your hair down."

"Okay..." Marinette sighs and spins in the mirror. The dress is absolutely beautiful. She couldn't believe she actually designed it. "I'm ready." She opens her trap door, stepping down, and freaks when she sees Adrien talking to her parents. "How long has Adrien been waiting, Tikki?" She whispers.

All eyes turn on her as Marinette walks down.

Adrien's eyes widen and his face falls into a smile. Walking over, he reaches out and grabs her hand. "You look beautiful, Marinette." He hands her the pink rose. "Uh, this is for you."

"Thank you, Adrien." Marinette smells the rose, grinning. She notices Adrien's clean-cut suit, the same one he wore to the fashion show when he modeled her hat. On the last step, she trips over her skirt and falls forward. Adrien catches her, laughing, and she blushes. "I told you I was going to make a fool out of myself in this dress."

Tom takes the rose from Marinette's hand and sets it in a vase of water. "Now it'll live forever."

"I don't think that's how roses work—" Sabine starts to say, but stops at her husband's smile. "Let me take a picture of you two before you leave."

"Mom..." Marinette mumbles. As Marinette and Adrien pose for the picture, Tom starts to cry. "Dad!"

"I'm sorry." Her dad wipes under his eyes. "I'm just getting emotional."

"Bye!" Marinette grabs Adrien's hand and leads him downstairs, out of the bakery. "I'm sorry about my parents. They can be real dorks sometimes."

Adrien laughs, shaking his head. "No, they're great." Part of him wished he had the same relationship with his parents as Marinette did with hers. But it would never happen. "After you." Adrien opens the car door and Marinette climbs in. He slides in beside her, immediately reaching for her hand.

"Hi," Marinette tells his bodyguard. He doesn't say anything and starts driving.

Adrien notices her hand shaking in his. He squeezes tight. "Are you nervous?"

"A little," She admits, staring down at her sketchbook and portfolio sitting in her lap. "What if your dad doesn't like my designs?"

"He'd be crazy not to, Marinette. You just have to believe in yourself." Adrien lifts her hand and kisses it.