CHAPTER-2

Ab uske sath rahun ya kinara kar lun?

Zara tehr ae dil! mein istikhara kar lun.

Istikhara yeh kehtha hai hai kinara kar lo.

Dil yeh kehtha hai istikhara dobara kar lo.

---------------------------------------------------------

Zain entered a posh restaurant. A gush of floral scent hit his nose. He looked around, the decor had a cool sophistication. The all-white stylish yet sober theme with the right amount of green plants and flowers made the place look spacious, warm, and very pleasing to the eyes. The slow music was playing in the background. He hurriedly stepped forward and walked up to the balcony, the exact place she has messaged him.

"I'm sorry for making you wait", Zain said. The girl turned around. Her walnut brown wavy hair swayed in the air.

"Finally, you are here", she smiled, the kind of smile that reached her eyes. She stood up and forwarded her hand. She was almost of his height. She was clad in a maroon woolen cape shawl, black colored jeans, and a pair of matching leather ankle-length boots. He joined her hand.

"I have been waiting for you here for almost an hour", she said.

"I'm extremely sorry for making you wait Marzia. I remembered on the way that I had to fix Amma Jan's glasses So I had to make a stop at a market", he said.

"Oh", her lips formed an O shape.

"It's alright. Thank God, finally, you remembered there is someone called Marzia in your life, that too after not picking up her calls and replying back to her messages for days", she let out a chuckle and gave a little squeeze to his hand.

"The work is making me nuts", he said in a guilt-filled voice.

"I'm trying to adjust", she pressed her lips together. He left her hand and gestured her to take a seat. Both of them settled down on the chairs. The not-so-warm rays of the sunlight fell on them as the sun was setting down. The weather was chilly. She starred at him, he looked handsome. She didn't know if it was her or he was getting more handsome every time she see him.

"How are you?", he asked.

"Better than ever", she said looking into his eye. She placed her hand on his. "And how are you?".

"I'm good", he gazed at their hands for a moment and then looked up.

"I really missed you Zain", she said. The hurt could be sensed through her tone, making him even more guilty. "I just don't understand why have you taken so much work on yourself despite having such a supportive brother and father at work. Everything can be done steadily".

"I can not wait to learn the basic things all my life. The initial years of professional life are tough. That's not only for me but everyone has to face it. You must be going through it but unlike you, I'm still trying to establish a balance between my personal and professional life", He replied. His tone was soft. She turned her gaze away and looked outside, keeping her face straight.

He kept his gaze fixed on her face. He fetched a deep breath and said, "I was thinking my wife-to-be will be happy to see me and eager to get Nikkahfied to me, but Alas! here I got a sulking girl", Zain said playfully.

She slowly moved her eyes towards him, "Umm you really want to talk about our Nikkah", she asked in surprise.

"Obviously", he shrugged. "Why else I would leave an important meeting and sit here with you".

A slow smile crept across her face. She picked up her cell phone and scrolled through the gallery. "I don't have words to tell you how I'm feeling since the Nikkah date got fixed", She excitedly got up from her chair and sat down on a chair beside him.

Raanjhana | رانجھاناजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें