CHAPTER-6

Unedited:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Yeh jo raqs hai mera farsh par,

Yehi lay urhay muje arsh par.

Meri zaat mein jo dhamal hai,

tere ishq ka yeh kamal hai.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Tabrez they wanted to meet you", Bua said. Two little boys were hiding behind her. They peeked their heads from either side of her and looked at Tabrez nervously.

Tabrez looked at them, his eyebrows wriggled and then the reality dawned upon him, "Hashim and Hakim, the twins grew up. Woah."

"They were a few months old when I last saw them, right Bua?", Tabrez was surprised.

"hmm", Bua nodded. "They are almost 8 years old now".

"Oh", Tabrez realized he indeed has missed a lot of things in these years.

"Come on, give me a hug boys", Tabrez said while keeping his arms open for them.

Hakim and Hashim quickly looked at Bua, they didn't expect such warmth from him.

"Go", Bua said and slightly pushed them forward. They hesitantly hugged Tabrez.

"Tabrez Bhai you are so sweet", Hakim said and he touched Tabrez's bicep. "And these muscles are exactly like the superheroes. I want to be like you Tabrez Bhai".

"Hakim, behave yourself", Hashim nudged him with his elbow. "Sorry Tabrez Bhai, don't mind him".

"It is alright", Tabrez said softly.

"What are these two doing here?", Shanaya scrunched her nose whilst taking a seat.

"We wanted to meet Tabrez Bhai", Hakim chirped.

"Oh God, Bhai you are just wasting your time", Shanaya rolled her eyes. Hakim ignored her but Hashim stiffened at her words, and Tabrez could sense it.

"We should go, Hadia baji will be waiting for us", Hashim said.

"Shanaya", Tabrez called her name and signaled her through his eyes to stop it.

Tabrez shifted his eyes back towards the twins and said, "Thank you for paying a visit. I loved it".

"We loved it too", Hakim smiled cheekily.

"Let's go home", Bua said. Hashim and Hakim greeted Tabrez and followed Bua to their home in the backyard of the haveli.

"Tabrez bhai is so nice", Hakim said.

"Hmm", Hashim hummed.

"I can't believe that he hugged us", Hakim said happily.

"Hakim stop it. Don't overreact", Hashim rolled his eyes.

"But he did hug us Hashim, why are you so boring?", Hakim pouted.

Bua entered the house along with Hakim and Hashim. They closed the door behind them. Bua's eyes shifted towards Hadia, who was sitting on the Takht (Wooden bed), under the dim light of a bulb and was knitting something. Bua switched on the lights of their small living room. Hadia looked up and came to know about their presence. All that time she was lost in her thoughts to sense anyone's presence.

"Assalam u Alikum Bua!", Hadia said.

"Walikum Assalam", Bua replied. Hakim and Hashim greeted Hadia and then Bua sent them to get freshened up. Bua starred at Hadia for a while, Hadia's hands were moving hurriedly. Whenever Hadia is feeling anxious or tense she does the knitting, and Bua was very well aware of her habit.

Raanjhana | رانجھاناजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें