CHAPTER-5

-------------------------------------------------------------

Is qadar ishq chamaktha hai meri ankhon mein

Ankh bhur kay mein dekhun tujhe pagal kar dun.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Rukhsana Begum walked out. She stood on the stairs in front of the haveli where Shanaya was standing along with some house helpers. A convoy stopped in front of them. The sound of unlocking and closing the door of the vehicles filled the air. A guard hurriedly opened the back door of the Range Rover Evoque. 

A tall young man almost in his late 20's stepped out of the car. There was a softness yet authority to his appearance, a kind of warmth married to power. He was wearing casual black jeans paired with a brown leather jacket that was unzipped. 

"Bhaiii", Shanaya screamed. She climbed down the stairs and hugged Tabrez.

"How are you little one?", Tabrez asked. 

"Very well now", Shanaya replied happily.

"Welcome back my son", Rukhsana Begum's eyes softened. She strode forward and took her son in her warm embrace. Tabrez smiled and wrapped his hands around his mother. "Finally you are back", she backed off and kissed his forehead.

"I'm happy to be back mother", he said and kissed her hand. He looked back at the convoy and said, "I believe, that wasn't really needed".

"Oh, why not? You are Tabrez, my son, the future Chaudhary of the village. This is nothing in front of your status Tabrez", Rukhsana Begum said arrogantly.  

"Bhai how was your journey", Shanaya asked happily and wrapped her hand around Tabrez's arm. His attention shifted towards his sister.

"Amazing. If it was possible, I would have time-traveled", Tabrez said.

"Let's go inside", Rukhsana Begum said and they entered the haveli.

The house helpers started coming to greet him. Everyone was happy to see him back home after years. Tabrez was the kindest and caring one from the Chaudhary family, which made him the favorite among not only the house helpers but as well as in the entire village. He never treated someone based on their socioeconomic status.

They settled down in the living area and started random discussions. Chaudhary Aslam also joined them. Tabrez was engaged in the conversation but his gaze kept shifting around the living area. After a while, Rukhsana Begum excused herself to check the breakfast and other preparation by herself.

"Tabrez", Bua called him and placed her hand on his head. She smiled and her eyes twinkled. Seeing him back home seemed unreal to her.

Tabrez turned around and got up from the sofa.

"Bua", he hugged Bua tightly. Bua was his foster mother, that's why they are really attached to each other. Tears of happiness fell from her eyes.

"Thank God Tabrez you came back. My child, I thought I would never get to see you again in my life", Bua said.

"Bua don't say this please", Tabrez said softly.

"Your absence has changed everything here", Bua sniffed. "Everything", she repeated.

"We will make it alright", he said. He didn't have a slight idea of what Bua was referring to. 

Bua backed off and looked up and down. "You have become so lean Tabrez. Didn't you take care of yourself?", she asked worriedly and touched his face. His jawline was covered with a light beard but still, she could sense it was sharp, "There is no flesh, only bones are visible".

Raanjhana | رانجھاناजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें