CHAPTER-11

Tum jab aaogi to khoya hua paaogi mujhe,

Meri tanhai me khwabon ke siwa kuch bhi nahi.

Mere kamre ko sajane ki tamanah hai tumhe?

Mere kamre me kibato ke siwa kuch bhi nahi.

--------------------------------

"Hadia baji", Hakim called out.

"What happened Hakim?", Hadia asked while sprinkling the coconut powder over the layer of chocolate spread on the cake.

"I am stuck", he almost cried.

"Coming", Hadia replied. She hurriedly washed her hands and stepped out of the kitchen. Her eyes fell on Hakim, whose head was stuck in the neckline of the sweater.

"Let me help you Hakim", Hashim came towards him.

"Nooo", Hakim cried. "You will hurt me".

"How can someone get hurt while wearing a sweater", Hashim said in mistrust.

"Stay awayyy",

"Hey calm down...calm down, I'll do that for you", Hadia sat down on her legs in front of Hakim and slightly tugged the sweater downward.

"You didn't have to cry so much", She wiped Hakim's tears. She adjusted his sleeves and then combed his hair while he stood there silently, "My birthday boy".

"He didn't even try to pull it down", Hashim huffed. "Why do you always have to trouble Hadia baji?".

"Hadia baji", Hakim whimpered.

"Hashim", Hadia shook her head.

Hashim understood and didn't say anything further.

After combing Hakim's hair Hadia turned towards Hashim to comb his hair too.

"Hadia baji, I'll do it myself", Hashim tried to take the comb from her hand.

That was a thing with Hashim, whether he could do a thing by himself or not, he would never trouble Hadia to do things for him.

"It's alright Hashim", Hadia said tenderly and started combing his hair.

"What will happen to both of you when Hadia will get married?", Bua scolded the twins.

"No", Hashim and Hakim said in unison in a horror-filled voice.

Knock!... Knock!

Hadia stood up. She was about to turn towards the door when Hashim grabbed her hand.

"You won't leave us", Hashim stated.

"You won't leave us Hadia baji", Hakim added. His eyes reflected terror, so did his voice.

Knock!... Knock!

"Bua is joking. Neither I am getting married nor I am going anywhere...ever", Hadia ensured him.

She eyed the door, "Let me see who's at the door".

Hashim bobbed his head.

"Oh God, It must be my friends", Hakim gasped. "I've not worn my shoes yet and they have arrived", saying that Hakim started running here and there.

Hadia chuckled at his enthusiasm. She draped the dupatta around her head and strode towards the door.
She opened the door nonchalantly, the instant she looked up, she halted.

Raanjhana | رانجھاناजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें