CHAPTER-10

Mohabbat naam hai jiska, wo aesi qaid hai yaaro,

Kay umrein beet jathi hain saza pori nahi hoti.

_______________________

Happy read!

The autumn comes with regal ease, content to arrive with slow grace. It is the slow decline of the year towards the winter, slow lingering death from the blazing summer into the cold and dark winter. The green lively leaves turned into vibrant reds, oranges, yellows, and purple. But this year, it was not only the colors that were changing and the season that was dying.

A black car stopped in front of a white building.

"Mommy are we going outside now?", a young boy asked excitedly.

"No", the woman replied lovingly holding the chin of the boy. She turned her head to the right side and said,
"Bua, take care of Tabrez I'll be back in a few minutes".

"Don't worry, I'll take care of him Chaudhrani Sahiba", Bua replied.

Rukhsana Begum gave a slight nod to her head. She turned back towards the door, opened it, and stepped out.

"Mommy", Tabrez shrieked. Bua held his hand and tried to calm him down.

Rukhsana begum closed the door and looked around. She was standing in the parking area of a hospital. The dead but colorful leaves were tumbling to the frost on the ground in the early morning, mist and fog in the air.

She took a deep breath and stepped forward. Dry, dead leaves crunch beneath her feet, fluttering lazily to the ground. The squirrels were running here and there, little feet making a pitter-patter sound.

Whereas inside the car, Bua was trying to console the young Tabrez.

"Bua, I want to go outside", Tabrez cried.

"Your mother is coming son", Bua said softly but he wasn't ready to listen to her.

After a few minutes, Tabrez went silent but tears were still falling from his eyes. He pressed his back against the seat, legs spread in front of him and eyes fixed on his hand. His sniffs were the only sound in the silence.

"Tabrez", Bua called him.

The door of the car clicked open and Rukhsana begum settled down on the seat. She handed out something to Bua and her eyes worriedly shifted to her sulking son.

Bua carefully unwrapped the quilt around the baby. The baby whimpered and then started crying.

Tabrez looked at Bua's lap under his eyelashes without moving his body. He frowned and slowly turned towards Bua and looked at the baby.

"Bua what is this?", he gasped.

Bua glanced at Rukhsana begum, she was looking outside the window and seemed indifferent to what was happening around her. Bua looked back at Tabrez and replied, "It's a baby".

Tabrez starred at the baby and wiped his tears with the back of his hand.

"That's how you were Tabrez. Small, little and the beautiful baby, just like her", Bua told him. She bobbled the baby to calm her down.

Tabrez moved forward. He hesitantly stretched his hand and touched the baby's cheek, nose and the moment he touched her hand the baby curled her fingers around his finger.

Raanjhana | رانجھاناजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें