CHAPTER-9

Happy read!

Kabhi gham ki aag mein jul uthe,

Kabhi Dagh-e-Dil ne jala dia,

Ay Junoon-E-Ishq bata zara,

Muje kyun tamasha bana dia.

----------------------------

A warm-colored antiqued copper chandelier lent soft details to the space and made the wooden dining table gleamed under it where everyone has gathered to have a family dinner tonight.

The house helps were arranging the dinner on the table.

“Where is Bhai’s dinner?”, Shanaya asked looking at her brother.

“Shanaya bibi, Hadia bibi said she is bringing Tabrez sahb’s dinner”, One of the houses helps replied.

The word “bibi”, with Hadia’s name caught everyone’s attention.

“Alright!”, Shanaya pressed her lips together, forwarded the things in
Zain’s direction so he can start eating and smile at him.

“Thanks”, Zain said.

Hadia stepped inside the dining area and placed a bowl of beef stew with carrots and potatoes, in front of Tabrez.

“Thank you!”, Tabrez said looking at her face.

She kept her eyes low and nodded.

“Do you need anything else?”, she asked slowly looking up.

“No”, he replied meekly.

“Hadia you can go now, it’s getting late you should be at your home at this time”, Rukhsana begum interrupted.

“Yeah, I was going anyway”, Hadia said. “Allah hafiz (May God be your Guardian)”, she added and went away.

Allah hafiz (May God be your Guardian)”, Tabrez mumbled.

Tabrez tore a piece of tortilla, wrapped a piece of beef in it, and ate it. He slowly chewed the morsel and paused. The burst of spice inflamed his taste buds and he coughed. Everyone looked at him.

“Tabrez are you okay?”, his mother asked in worry.

“Umm”, he fisted his hand, pressed the upper side against his mouth, and cleared his throat. “It was... hot”

“Be cautious, son”, his mother shook her head and began eating again.

Hadia was hiding in the corner and peeking at him with a wide smile pasted on her face.

Tabrez nodded and continued eating.
Zain moved forward, took a spoonful of stew. Tabrez’s eyes were fixed on his every moment.

The minute Zain ate it, his eyes went wide and head automatically swerved towards Tabrez. Both gave each other a knowing look.

Tabrez looked at his parents, they were busy discussing something about the carnival in the village. He took a glass of water and forwarded it towards Zain, and shook his head to tell him don’t eat it.

Zain nodded and took a sip of water to extinguish the fire that erupted inside his mouth.

Tabrez turned his face to the side and his eyes fell on Hadia. He looked into her eyes and kept eating. By now her smile was almost washed-out and her facial expressions were slowly changed into concern.

Raanjhana | رانجھاناजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें