CHAPTER-14

Suna hai log jahan kho jaen wahin milthay hain,

Mein aksar khud ko thuj mein talash krtha hun.

------------------------------------

Rukhsana begum unlocked a lock with a key, wrapped her hand around the doorknob and turned it. She pushed the door open. A dark room came into her view. She reached towards the switchboard and switched on the lights.

“For how many days you are going to mourn?”, Rukhsana Begum asked stepping towards the bed where  Tabrez was lying with his back pressed to the bed and eyes fixed on the ceiling.
She looked towards the table where a tray of the untouched meal was present.

“If you think that you can pressurize us like that then you are mistaken”, Rukhsana Begum sighed. “We are your parents Tabrez, we know what’s best for you”, her voice softened.

“What you are referring to as worst, means the world to me mother”, he said in a calm low voice still staring at the ceiling.

Rukhsana begum shook her head and sat down beside him on the bed. She grazed her fingers through Tabrez’s hair and said, “We have decided something for your good”,

Tabrez's eyes slowly moved towards his mother.

“We have decided to send you abroad for further studies. Your documentations are in proce-”,

Tabrez quickly sat down, “I don’t want to leave my home and family. I can’t live alone”.

“We have to do it”,

“But why”,

“Because we care for you”,  

“It’s been two days since I’m locked in my room. Now you want me to leave everything like a coward just because you care for me”, He laughed ruefully.

“You will have to leave Tabrez”,

“I won’t. No one can not pressurize me to do something I don’t want to do”,

“Okay”, Rukhsana Begum gave a slight nod to her head. “If you are not leaving then I’ll expel Bua and Hadia from the haveli. Someone will have to go away. It's either you or them”,

she stood up and turned around.

“No”, Tabrez held his mother’s hand and instantly stood beside her. “You can’t expel them. They have nowhere to go”.

“I can do that Tabrez. If you think I can’t then just look out of the window”, his mother threatened him. He didn’t believe his mother’s words and walked towards the window. His eyes fell on the bunch of security guards that were standing in front of Bua’s quarter.

“My one gesture and the security guards will throw them out of the haveli”, she smirked.

He froze at his mother’s warning.

“They are innocent, mother. You can not be that heartless to do this to women and kids”, Terror arose in his heart.

“Let’s suppose I am heartless Tabrez. For my own child’s future, I don’t mind being called heartless”, she smiled.

“You are just 23 years old my son”, she held his face between her palms. “There is a whole life in front of you. A magnificent future. Just don’t let these temporary feelings consume you.”,

Raanjhana | رانجھاناजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें