CHAPTER-3

-------------------------------------------------------------

Bismil ka khuda hafiz, qatil ka khuda hafiz,

Tum jis par nazar dalo, us dil pay khuda hafiz.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Zain stuffed the last suitcase in the trunk of his car and closed it with a thud. He moved forward, opened the backseat door, and put down his laptop bag in the back passenger door.

"Zain did you check your things again?", Amma Jan asked, her eyebrows were wriggled with concern. Zain closed the door and turned towards her.

"Yes Amma Jan", he said. 

"Take these dry fruits with you as well. The weather is going to be cold there and you catch a cold so easily", Amma Jan forwarded a stainless steel container to him.

Zain took the container from her hand and said, "Amma Jan I'll be alright. You don't have to worry".

"But Amma Jan how will you know he has eaten your dry fruits. You know kids these days", Ismail uncle joked. Zain's lips stretched into an amused half-smile and he gave a look to Ismail uncle which clearly meant don't put the fuel to the flame

Ismail uncle laughed.

"No, he won't do that. Zain promised me he will take care of himself", Amma Jan took Zain's side. 

"Ismail if you are trying to get back your position, that's impossible my son. See, they both are team upped", Agha Jan sighed. 

Zain side hugged Amma Jan and looked at Ismail uncle and said "Yes, I will take care of myself".

"Assalam u Alikum (Peace be upon you)", they heard a feminine voice.

"Marzia", Amma Jan shifted her eyes towards her. Zain detached himself from Amma Jan.

"Walikum Assalam (And unto you peace)", they replied.

"How are you?", Marzia said softly and hugged Amma Jan.

"I'm good. How are you my child?", Marzia backed off and held Amma Jan's hands. She smiled and replied. "Very well". 

Marzia greeted Ismail uncle and Agha Jan first and then asked Zain, "All set?".

"Yup", Zain replied. 

"You came here to see off Zain. Aww, that's so sweet of you Marzia", Amma Jan said.

"Yeah I took a mid-day leave from the work", Marzia replied.

Zain was looking at Marzia with an unreadable expression that she wasn't able to decipher. Ismail uncle took Amma Jan and Agha Jan towards the garden to give Zain and Marzia some privacy.

"Ismail they look adorable together", Zain and Marzia could hear Amma Jan's words as she was going away. 

"What? Can't I come here to say bye to you?", Marzia shrugged.

"Of course, you can", Zain smiled.

"I thought last night's farewell would suffice, but...Let say I wanted to say a proper goodbye to you", Marzia said.

"It's very considerate of you. Thanks a lot", Zain said. 

They talked for a few minutes. Marzia glanced at her wristwatch, it read 10:21 am. "You must be getting late Zain", she said.

Zain glanced at the watch too and realized Marzia was right, he was indeed getting late.

He walked up to the bench where everyone was settled down. Amma Jan blew Quranic verses over him and asked him umpteenth time to take care of himself. Agha Jan and Ismail uncle were sad too but they concealed their emotions. It was the first time that Zain was going away from them for so many days.

Raanjhana | رانجھاناजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें