CHAPTER- 7

---------------------------------------
Woh koe aam sa shakhs tou ho nahi saktha?

Hum jise apna kahen, ishq karen, ro parhen?
---------------------------------------

Marzia dumped the shopping bags on the table and settled down on the sofa.
She turned her head towards her sister-in-law and said, "Tabinda Bhabhi thanks for accompanying me".

"That's nothing Marzia", Tabinda gave her a tight-lipped smile.

"You are love bhabhi", Marzia said. Her voice held utmost sincerity.

"Didn't you say the same thing to me?", Talal asked as he entered the living area of the house. Marzia and Tabinda turned their head in his direction.

"I did say that bhai", Marzia shrugged.

"Do you think the event planner would manage everything", Mahnoor Shuja (Marzia's mother) said as she appeared in the background.

"Of course, they would", Shuja Khanzada (Marzia's father) replied.

Marzia looked at her brother and asked, "Where did you guys go?".

Marzia and Tabinda greeted their parents.

"We went to finalize the event planner and the venue. Thank God, finally, we are done with it", Talal said and said down beside her.

"Such great news. It was indeed a hectic task to hunt down the best for our Marzia", Tabinda heaved a sigh of relief.

"It was", Mahnoor pressed her lips together. "I want everything to be perfect for my daughter".

"Thanks, Mom and Dad", Marzia smiled.

"What did you buy?", her mother glanced at the shopping bags.

"Lots of things", Marzia sat down straight. "But let me show you something really really important", Marzia searched through the shopping bags and then picked out a velvet box from one of them.

"hmm", Mahnoor hummed.

"See I bought an engagement ring for Zain", she opened the lid of the box. There was a constant smile pestered on her face. Mahnoor starred at the ring with a blank face. Marzia's eyes oscillated between her mother and the ring. She could feel something alarming.

"This is Zain's wedding ring?",

"Yes",

"You bought a silver ring for him?", Her mother grimaced.

"Yeah, Zain prefers silver", Marzia replied hesitently.

"So, is he going to buy a silver ring for you too?", her mother bombarded another question. "For Gad's sake, don't tell me he is going to degrade us in the society by pulling another stunt".

"It doesn't matter mom", Marzia glanced at her father but he had the same expression on his face as her mother.

"Talal Bhai how is it?", Marzia scooted towards her elder brother, trying to ignore her mother.

"It is beautiful", Talal said taking the ring from her. "I'm sure Zain is going to love it".

A slow smile made its way on Marzia's face.

"Do you think so?", she asked hopefully.

"Unmistakably", he replied.

"Tabinda Bhabhi helpe-",

"Did Zain buy a ring for you yet?", Her mother intervened. "Or did he again tricked you by telling you another story of how you should support him?"

Raanjhana | رانجھاناजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें