CHAPTER-4

-------------------------------------------------------------

Chalo ab aisa karte hain sitaary baant lete hain.

Zarurat k mutabiq hum sahary baant lety hain.

Mohabat karne walon ki tijaarat bhi anokhi hai,

Munaafa chhor dety hain khasaary baant lety hain.

Agar milna nahin mumkin to Lehron per qadam rakh kar,

Abhi darya-e ulfat k kinaary baant lety hain.

Meri Jholi mein jitne bhi wafa k phool hain unko,

Ikathay beth kar saary k saary baant lety hain.

Mohabbat k ilawa pass apne kuchh nahin hai ''FAIZ''

Issi dolat ko Hum qismat k maary bantlety hain.

~FAIZ AHMAD FAIZ

-------------------------------------------------------------

Zain freshened up. He opened his suitcase, picked up a black coloured v-neck sweater, and put it on. He picked up his cell phone from the table and settled down on the couch.  

"I've arrived safely", he sent a message to Marzia and Ismail uncle. 

Knock!... Knock!

He heard a light knock on the door.

"Yes, come in", he called out.

The door opened and a middle-aged man peeked inside the room.

"Sahb (Sir), Chaudhary Aslam Shiekh is home. If you are free he wants to see you", the man said.

"I'll be there", Zain said and got up. He shoved the cell phone in his pant pocket "Can you please lead the way?",

"Sure sahb", the man stepped back so Zain can exit from the room. Zain stepped out of the room and turned around a little bit to close the door but before he could touch the doorknob the man had already done it. 

"Thanks", Zain said as he pulled back his hand.

"You are our guest sahb, it's our duty to serve you", the man said as he signaled Zain to move forward and started walking behind Zain.  

They walked down a long corridor with plush red rugs and gilded cornices. Zain looked around, he was mesmerized by the interior of the Haveli. Although it was an old building but the way they have maintained it was remarkable.

"This way", the man said directing him towards a door on the right side. Zain shifted his eyes towards him and nodded. They entered into the door leading to a living area.

"We are here", the man said. Zain nodded again and the man left. Zain walked up to the sofas where Rukhsana begum and Shanaya were sitting with a man, his face was hidden behind the newspaper, most probably he was the Chaudhary Aslam Sheikh.

"Assalam u Alikum", Zain said.

The man folded the newspaper and stood up from the sofa. He was tall and had a broad body. His mustache was long and twisted at the ends along with a heavy beard. 

"Walikum Assalam. You must be Zain Durrani from the Durrani enterprises", The timbre of his voice, his posture, and bearing gave him an aura of steady authority.

"Yes", Zain gave him a tight-lipped smile."And you must be the famous Chaudhary Aslam Sheikh",

The Chaudhary nodded. "Welcome to our village", he patted Zain's arm.

Raanjhana | رانجھاناजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें