Chapter 2: Makima

BURIED SOMEWHERE DEEP IN HER HEART,
SLEPT A MONSTER.

THAT MONSTER, WOKE UP.
________
"I just wanted to live a normal life."

When the devil bleedsDEVIL's Lullaby Chapter 2: Makima____________

DEVIL's Lullaby
Chapter 2: Makima
____________

She was traumatized, she had never felt this sad in her life. The man who was carrying her in his arms, named Aki stared at the girl, both with caution and pity. He felt as if this was very unjust, even to have happened to a devil. She had not killed anyone nor had her father to as he knew it. Her father, the Frost devil had his fear in everyone's heart, but he had stayed silent for centuries. That was the reason he was not feared anymore and so, he was released.

A devil is immortal.
For when he dies, he is born again,
In the abyss of hell.
If he shall be remembered again,
He shall appear in the land of the mortals.
Such is his cycle of immortality.

But for him, that didn't apply, because he was forgotten. Long forgotten. He was released and now, Y/n had taken over his name. Y/n was now called, the Frost devil.

She seems so lifeless as he held her, Kashibe, who was an old yet a trustworthy strong man walked beside Aki. Makima, the woman who killed Y/n's father was walking a bit further.

"Miss Makima, what was the need to kill that devil and leave this girl orphaned?"

Aki asked as Makima turned around, Frost looked up towards Makima, hoping to seek the answer through her lifeless eyes.

"Her father and I had a deal."

She said and turned back around, she decided to walk back on her own towards the metero station. But she stopped when she sensed an overwhelming aura from behind, an aura much stronger than her own. Aki and Kashibe couldn't sense it because both of them were nothing compared to that power Makima just sensed.

"And what was that deal? Miss Makima?"

Makima turned around, she could feel the gravity collapsing around her. She just stared at the woman as her nose suddenly burst into a bloody mess. She bled through her ears as she looked at Frost with stationary eyes. Aki and Kishibe looked at Makima in horror. "Miss Makima!" Aki shouted in worry.

"What was the deal?"

Frost asked again, but Makima just looked at her and then, she stopped smiling. Makima saw an opportunity in this, "I'll tell you that, but you'll have to become my partner for that." Makima said with a smile. She looked as if she had found another way to make use of another devil. And she wasn't going to waste it.

The aura calmed down.

"Your partner... that's all I need to do and you'll tell me?"

Frost said and tapped on Aki's shoulder, signaling him to put her down. Makima nodded as Frost walked towards her.