Chapter: 22- Dreamer Boy

"DENJI... JUST... WHO WAS THIS POCHITA?"

"SOMEONE I HELD CLOSE... SOMEONE I DREAMED WITH."

————
'But he too... Was taken away from me.'

'But you

'But you... Snow... You'll stay right?'

DREAMER BOY
DEVIL's Lullaby
———

The doorbell to Aki's house rang as he stood up and from the dinner table and walked towards it. "Power! Eat your veggies!" Denji shouted from behind as Power kept throwing around her vegetables. Aki opened the door to see Frost standing outside, with a bag of sweets she bought form the festival. 

"Snow, hey. Weren't staying at Mr. Kishibe's though?"

"Ah... I just came to drop by some sweets for you guys." She said as she came in and sat down with Denji while Power jumped at Frost to hug her close. "You've been gone too long Snowy!" Power kept shaking her up and down while Denji opened the sweet box. "Denji, are you alright?" Frost asked as the boy picked up and apple candy for himself. "Me? What would happen to me?" He chuckled as Frost frowned a bit.

"Germany's Santa Claus... The Chinese assassin... and a assassins from all around... they're coming to get you right...?" Frost said while looking into Denji's eyes. What reflected from within was just a little boy, scared, nervous. Yet, wearing a brave front.

"My heart... to be exact. And this fucking sucks, since I don't get to go on a trip with Miss. Makima!" Denji grit his teeth while biting off the crunchy candy shell of the apple candy. Power also grabbed one for herself while Frost lay back and lied on the floor beside Denji.

"I'll make sure you go and enjoy the trip Denji. I won't let them close to you." Frost said as Power smiled and also lied beside Frost and hugged her, "Since Denji's my buddy, I'll help too." She said as Denji sighed and also lied beside Frost. Turning his head towards her, he placed her arm under his head while hugging her from the other side. 

"Can't you stay with us today? Isn't today's training over already?" Denji said while digging his head into her shoulder. She only hummed to his warm touch and Power's snuggling. 

"I take them with me everywhere... they're my life."

Quanxi's words and her wondering, would she be able to actually care for someone that deeply? She then turned to look at Denji, "I have to go for training early in the morning tomorrow." she said as Denji shot his head up to look at her, "Then stay until we fall asleep." he said while Power snuggled on her waist.