Chapter: 35- An Imposter

"WHY WAS IT THAT I'D FORGOTTEN?"

"...AND WHY WAS IT THAT I HAD NO REASON?"

_______

'The one who loved me...'

'...and the one I loved.'

DEVIL's Lullaby: Chapter 35-

An Imposter

_______

"Snow!?" Aki turned to see a familiar silhouette. "Denji is going to kill you? Bullshit. He won't." Frost stepped inside the hospital room. Angel sprung up from his bed.

"What are you doing here Frost devil!?"

Frost walked closer to Aki, looking him right in his eyes, "Listen, Makima isn't who you think she is. She is tricking you; she's tricking us all..." Her eyes looked fierce, worried and scared. She knew that this was something that she must do, or all that she had ever loved, will be lost forever. A family she had found by chance and the family which helped her discover what she neglected.

She placed a hand over her chest.

"See? You do have a heart." Yoshida's voice echoed in her mind. She gripped her shirt and looked at Aki.

"I do have a heart."

"What the fuck are you talking about." Aki said in a harsh tone. Such harsh tone, he'd never spoken to her like this. A gaze of disgust on Aki's face.

"Makima saved my life!"

"No, she didn't!" Frost shouted back at him, she didn't care that he was losing his cool, all she knew was that Aki's precious memories were being played with. That for the entirety of his life, he was being lied to. He was helpless against the force of ultimate and absolute control.

She took a step back as her throat began to feel heavy, her heart started to clench. 'H-he's not him... this isn't the Aki that I've known...'

He had begun to forget, all of the feelings that he had held within his reluctant heart, all just for her. He was starting to forget. She took another step back as he stepped forward, his brows arched in the curve of anger and his lips clenched as if he would spout curses at her any moment.

And just like that, he spoke the words that would utterly and absolutely break her.

"What would an outsider like you know?"

Her eyes widened as those words spilled outside of Aki's mouth. She looked at him in shock, utterly heartbroken. But maybe deep within, she knew this might happen. She remembered what the devils of hell whispered into her ears, when she slept.