°✦『Control Devil』✦° Arc: 4

Chapter: 27- With Me

[DEVIL's Lullaby: Arc- 4]

______

"AT THE END OF IT ALL, EVEN AFTER YOU WIN...

...WILL IT BE WORTH ANYTHING?"

"Shh..."

╔═══════════════════╗

[ DEVIL's Lullaby- Arc 4 ]

CONTROL DEVIL

╚═══════════════════╝

______

"A corpse is talking."

A familiar voice threw Frost off guard. Her heart clenched, and her chest felt so heavy it could explode. No words but quivering, inaudible moans of loss escaped her mouth as she saw Quanxi's lifeless body plop to the ground along with the other two fiends. Her head rolled to the side as she looked down at her hands. The hand Quanxi had taken into hers. Her corpse still held onto Frost's hand, ever so lightly, lifelessly.

"I'd ask you to refrain from touching Frost." Makima said as she walked closer to Frost, kneeled down and stared right into her eyes. But this time, she couldn't look up from Quanxi, to Makima. "Why'd you have to do that? Makima...?" 

Something was stirring up inside Frost, rage, anger, sorrow, pity... above all these emotions, all she wanted to do right now was... kill Makima.

Frost lightly tilted her head, her eyes wide, radiating anger in its purest and utmost form, "She said she'd never kill anyone again." The devilish gravity took over again, overwhelming and cruel, like the pressure of a thousand souls, staring right into your eyes. Whispering why you'd kill them.

"Why...?"

Makima said as she slowly began caressing Frost's cheek, lightly moving closer to her face staring down at her lips as her gentle fingers glided through her skin. 

"Because she touched you... and besides, she was our foe... are you insisting we'd rather have kept her alive?"

The utter audacity of Makima's words were enough to send Frost off into the abyss of rage. Clouds of anger would take over mind, and her eyes would go dark as she'd massacre Makima to death. Yet her final ounces of intelligence stopped her.