Chapter: 21- The Assassin on a date

"GIVE MY WOMEN BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS AND EDUCATION..."

"DON'T YOU DARE HARM MY WOMEN..."

_______

I do care.

DEVIL's Lullaby: Chapter 21

_____

If I remember correctly... When I was sealed in the depths of hell, I would often hear a lullaby... A slow, calm lullaby which would make me feel a little bit at ease. But whenever I tried to look for who hummed it for me, I'd be lost. I couldn't move, respond to the lullaby, instead all that I could really do... was slowly perish.

"It's a lullaby... Singing you to death Frost."

Who sang it for me? Who took out time to make me feel at peace. I knew I was abandoned, sealed and unprotected, awaiting my end, as a finishing arc to my torture.

"But if you were alone... My child... Know that I'll be by your side..."

The woman would sing to me, a lullaby I found so deadly, yet so peaceful...

————

"Y/n? Y/n..." a gentle shake on her shoulder awoke her as she gasped lightly, while looking at the tall male if front of her. He held a can of hot coffee, one for her and one for himself.

"Yoshida... Sorry, I dozed off..."

"It's fine, I got you some coffee if that helps." Yoshida said while sitting down beside her, "Well, I guess two hours are enough for one day, given how fast you learn... Lets head out, Mr. Kishibe must be waiting." Yoshida said while opening his can and sipping his coffee.

"And of course after the training, I need to take you to a date too." he winked with a wide smile as Frost lightly stared at her coffee.

'I've heard that devils sometimes grow attached to those wandering in the mortal realm...'

Frost thought to herself, processing the weird dreams she'd been seeing, the dreams of the anonymous lullaby and of the dreams Denji would tell her about.

"There's always a door... And someone keeps telling me not to open it."

And in her dreams, was someone telling her about the lullaby, which would sing her to death.

'The devils go visit their dreams at night... Doing all they can to protect them... But...'

"Frost?" Yoshida snapped her out of her thoughts, "Are you still sleepy?" he placed an arm over her forehead, checking if she'd caught a fever or something. His warm hand, and his deep gaze, it felt somehow reassuring as she closed her eyes while feeling his touch.