Chapter:26- Hearts and dolls

"IGNORANCE IS BLISS."

"SAID THE FIRST DEVIL HUNTER."

__________

"If love only ends at pain then...

"Why would you still go after it?"

DEVIL's Lullaby

Chapter: 26- Hearts and Dolls

__________

Denji dashed across the city in order to finish Santa Claus. The dolls controlled by Santa were now all over the city, replicating humans and their emotions. Denji was alone, fighting like his life depended on it. 'Frost... where are you!? This is bad... Aki's down-' He dodged an attack from behind, his chainsaws were out and now he was in his devilman form. He roamed around in horror, avoiding Santa and searching for Frost, 'Where is she!? She can't be dead right-?'

"Murderer..." A doll spoke as Denji looked at it in shock.

"I ain't a murderer!" He shot at it as he crushed it to pieces.

"Murderer..."

"The chainsaw... murderer-"

"I'm not a murderer!" He shouted, and then, suddenly halted. 'If Frost's dead... then... wouldn't it mean that-' He looked around to see even more dolls coming towards him, 'I dragged her into this...' he stared at the dead corpses around him. Many that he couldn't even recognize, their faces were damaged, their limbs were tattered.

'Meaning that because of me she's-'

"Murderer..." A doll said as a huge group of them jumped at Denji, making him immobile, ripping out his flesh, eating him alive.

"Fuck! That hurts!!" Denji cursed as suddenly, some of the dolls started flying out. A sudden burst kicked up, and another devilman emerged from the flock of dolls. A naked woman with her hands and head covered with arrows, radiating anger and vengeance. Anger radiated off of her, as if she couldn't stand behind before killing something.

"W-who are you?"

Denji said as she shot some arrows at the dolls that flocked around her, "Don't listen to them, they're only replicating human beings... that aren't actually humans." She said as Denji stood up, "How do you know!?" He spoke.

"If you think that way, then it's much easier right?" She said while looking at him. She then took a deep breath and prepared to charge into blind massacre, "Saw boy, lend me your strength until I murder her... That bitch went ahead and killed my women..."