Chapter: 31- Say, Snow...

"THE DARKNESS DEVIL'S THERE!"

"HE'S STALKING ME!"

_____

'So Denji, why didn't you go with Makima?'

'Why didn't I? I... don't know...'

DEVIL'S LULLABY // Chapter: 31

Say, Snow...

___________

Upon the word of her recovery, Frost was called back to the division four of the devil hunters. She thanked Yoshida for letting her stay until she recovered and went back to the Hayakawa residence.

"Ah- It's Snow! She's back!" Denji said as he opened the door for Frost. "How's your head doing Denji?" Frost smiled as she closed the door behind her. Aki peeped from the kitchen, "Hey! Welcome back!" He said as Power came from behind, running in a hurry. She instantly jumped towards Frost, giving her the biggest hug she could. She wrapped her legs around her waist and squished Frost's head into her chest. "P-power- I can't breathe-" Frost said as Power only hugged her tighter, rubbing her cheek onto her head. 

"Oh well, might as well me too." Denji said and smirked, as he too ran towards Frost, hugging her ever so tightly. "We missed you!" He smiled against her skin as he felt the familiar warmth on is face.

"I can't breathe-"

Frost said while pulling Denji away with one hand and just while she was about to pull Power away, she stopped. "Power?" The girl was shaking, of fear and tears. She was holding onto Frost, as if something would tear her apart is she were to let go. Her shivering hands were growing cold as her body shook from an anonymous terror. Something was haunting her. 

Frost slowly picked Power up and hugged her back, giving her any comfort she needed. She carried Power to the table where they all always sat and ate. "She's crying again..." Aki said, while stepping forward. His full shirt swayed an empty space, one of his arms was missing. Frost frowned at the sight, human life was fragile, what was lost, could never be returned.

"She's been like this... she always cries about the darkness devil haunting her." Aki said as he sat beside Frost. "She's been crying all night... I couldn't even sleep." Denji said. 

"Darkness Devil? But we killed it right?" Frost said.

"There must've been some fragments, or maybe she's just tormented by the sight of Hell..." Aki said. Frost felt Power hugging her tighter upon hearing those words.