°✦『BOMB DEVIL』✦° Arc: 2

"IF I WERE TO DIE, WOULD ANYBODY CRY?"

"IF SOMEONE WERE TO DIE, WOULD I CRY?"

_________
" ''Guess that doesn't matter...'' "

" ''...because I don't have a heart.'' "
Different yet same, Denji and Frost's questions at heart.

CHAPTER: 11- TEARS

_________

"Mnn..."

She slowly moaned as she opened her eyes to see a familiar female figure hovering over her. The same pale pink hair and red horns.

"Po...wer...?"

Speaking had increased to become a struggle. Frost looked beside her to see Aki sleeping on a hospital bed. "He's been out for a few days now, though you're up now." She said as Frost sat up. "Himeno...?" She muttered and asked. Power gulped and looked aside...

"She's dead."

....Power spoke, Frost's eyes grew wide, yet she couldn't bring herself to cry. She bit her lip in frustration and jolted her head downward, "Shit! How could I... if only I had..."

"If only... if only... you'll only keep regretting. There's no use to it."

Power distracted her from that dreadful thought. "She's up! Damn, Makima was worried sick!" Denji burst in through he door, with two packets, one having some chopped bunny apples and one having some manga. Those were for Aki. Power smiled at the boy as Denji looked at her with slightly wide eyes, "You know, this world is a bit sadder because one beautiful woman is dead." He said as he sat beside Power. Frost looked towards Aki, who lay asleep taking peaceful breaths.

"Himeno said she was lucky, because she knew Aki would cry for her."

Denji looked at Aki too.

"Frost-chan, would you cry?"

Frost closed her eyes, "I can't bring myself to... I... don't have a heart."

"Yeah... I can't cry either... they said you feel a tickle on your nose before you cry."

"Yeah..."

Power took an apple and took a bite, "Pathetic humans, talking about feelings." She spoke, Frost looked at her with her blood red irises, that seemed tired. She then averted her gaze, 'Father.... all that I was taught, about human life, about the human heart... am I forgetting it?' Her mind was unsettled.