Chapter: 16- OCTOPUS and FROST

"RAIN RAIN, DON'T GO AWAY..."

"...LITTLE REZE WANTS TO SLAY."

------
'Denji, have you ever been to a school?'

------'Denji, have you ever been to a school?'

'I'll take you there. Tonight.'
----

"Octopus!"

Yoshida summoned his devil which allowed the two to glide through the fall and set on a run to find the typhoon devil. The sky had painted itself in a shade of eerie grey, the winds had stopped into a cold silence. The only sound heard was the sound of the two running past the mountain that stood behind their school. "Hey Y/n, do you know about this devil we're hunting? I really am quite nervous." Yoshida let out a small laugh when he said that, though to Frost, the boy looked anything but nervous. His face was always worn with a smile and his eyes curved in a suspicious manner, as if he saw through everything. Even though she didn't mind his company, she felt the need to be on guard. As a matter of fact, she did feel quite the same attraction towards the man as se did with Power, Denji and Aki.

A pact of love.

"You sure don't look nervous." Frost spoke while Yishida let out a small chuckle, "Really now? Oh I'm pretty much scared too."

"You have no need to be, Typhoon is just an all bark no bite... The trouble is this other devil I've been sensing these days."

"Another devil?" Yoshida's smile vanished.

"Yes... though I can't pin point this one... It feels so close, yet it hides so well."

"I see... Well but, maybe we can take care of this one first?"

Frost smiled.

"You needn't say." She stopped in her tracks when they reached the center of the forest. She took her hand towards her front, sending out a wave of biting frost that went towards the top of the skies, freezing the vortex of the typhoon. Yoshida looked at the falling frost in awe. His eyes wide in wonder and astonishment, "Holy shit!"

He gasped as he saw a layer of snow emerge over the mountain, the power she carried was insane and it was powered up by Yoshida's blood. To think she froze an entire typhoon with a twist of her hand, it sent chills down his spine. It felt so ethereal, the gravity of her power was almost overwhelming and her beauty through his eyes felt so light and petrified. She seemed like a curse, yet she seemed so pure. The frost through her eyes, her skin getting purple as the moments passed and finally, they saw the typhoon devil's core plop to the ground, over the snow as if it were a very heavy object.

"Ugh..." Frost let out a pant as she fell to her knees, "I... ended up overdoing it." Yoshida looked at her being all vulnerable and fragile right after she put out a display of such power in front of her partner. The fact that she was both such a sensitive and fragile girl, right after being such a menace, it excited him. His eyes wide and his face worn in a wide smile as he watched her.

'What an interesting mix she is.'

It was a form of beauty he had never seen, fragile, yet strong. Vulnerable, yet unbreakable. An irony of every invincible captivation, yet an attraction of every frangible beauty, all resting right in front of his eyes.

He used octopus to destroy the typhoon devil while he walked closer to her, he flashed the confident smile on his face while he helped her up.

"It's about pack up time, let me take you home."

_________

Frost walked back to Aki's house at about four in the evening, she was a bit tired, and a bit on guard. The presence of this other devil had grown stronger after the typhoon was taken care of.

"FROST!"

Denji came running towards her along with Power, they both hugged Frost togather, making her fall right in front of the gate. Aki opened the door to see the chaotic scene. "Hey- you too, get off of her!" He pulled Power off while Denji chuckled.

"Thanks for the gift! I love it!"

He said while smiling at the Pochita like dog figurine Frost bought him. Seeing him happy like this, she let out a small smile. "No need to thank me." She stood up while Aki sighed and Power clung onto her shoulder, "I missed ya' where were you?" She said. "Yeah... this fiend hasn't taken a goddamn bath since you weren't here." Aki tsk'd at Power.

"Me? I was at school."

And Denji stood there struck by those words, school.

"Come on, I know you're hungry, I made doughnuts today." Aki said as Frost walked back inisde with a smile.

_________

"So tell me Denji, have you ever been to school?" Reze asked as she pushed in towards Denji as he sat in the café with her. "Nope." He said while looking aside, trying to hide the fact that he was flustered.

"Really? even though you're 16? You should be in school... why work?"

"My job requires full attention... can't go."

"But every 16 year old must go... anyways, your life sounds so hectic..."

"Yeah..."

"How about.. I take you to school today? Tonight... 9pm..."

A conversation that had struck Denji, that night he stood up from his sleep and quietly snuck out of the house. Frost was sharp to notice the slight movement of the bedsheets when Denji sat up on the bed. The three, Denji, Power and Frost shared the same room, they'd take turns sleeping on the bed while Power always preferred sleeping with frost. One day Denji would sleep on the bed and the other two on the floor, while the next, Frost would sleep on the bed with Power, with Denji on the floor. Sometimes all three of them snuggled on the bed, sometimes Frost kept Aki company when he got back home from a hectic mission.

She felt warm.

She felt nice to be in a... family.

Yet there was something that made Denji space out a lot. Or rather, someone.

TO BE CONTINUED---

NEXT TIME-- Frost reaches the school to see Reze being chased by a man, in the storm

NEXT TIME-
- Frost reaches the school to see Reze being chased by a man, in the storm.
- Maybe the Typhoon devil still had his underlings roaming around.

- But what Frost sees... Maybe Reze, is the new storm.

Chapter: 17- Boom!

CHAPTER SECRETS-

- Aki is angry with the author because he isn't getting many chapters for him...
- :p

- Aki moments coming soon! <3

A/N-
Hi people! So here's me, and I'm finally reaching 480 followers! Please help me reach 500 soon so that I can stay motivated. I've been feeling so demotivated to write recently since I kept losing readers :(