Chapter: 24- Wings of a Devil

"THE SECRET TO LIVING A HAPPY LIFE IN A WORLD LIKE THIS..."

"...IS THAT IGNORANCE IS BLISS."

______

'Then show me, just how much you love your fiends.'

'Live

'Live.'

CHAPTER: 24- WINGS OF A DEVIL

_______

"Honestly, I feel a betrayed." Frost said as she took her stance, this time fully determined to deal a lethal blow. "You'll pay for hurting my comrades."

"Quanxi."

The voice of Kishibe forced her to stop as she saw the old man restraining Long and Pingsti in his arms. Hostages, which Quanxi couldn't bear to see. She stopped that very instant and seated herself on one of the chairs, quietly. "Denji, restrain those two, if they try anything, kill 'em." Kishibe said as Denji and Power stood up.

But what struck Frost was, Quanxi's actions. Such a fierce and ruthless person stopped right at the sight of the two women being held hostage. 'I have my women waiting for me back home.' as Quanxi had said. Kishibe sat in the chair in front of Quanxi, without a word, pulling a notepad from his pocket.

"Where are the other two fiends?" Quanxi asked.

"They got away from me, public safety and police have the entire area locked down... they'll get caught any moment now."

"This isn't like mad dog Kishibe, you've gotten crafty. Did being collared turn you into a real dog." Quanxi said as Kishibe pulled out a pen.

"I'm past 50 now, you mellow at my age."

He pulled out the paper in front of Quanxi, the words written widened Frost's eyes as she watched from behind Quanxi.

'Makima is listening.' 

"I lost my fangs a long time ago." He continued.

"Devil hunters die before they reach old age." Quanxi said, looking at the note. "You should retire now."

"And live on a pension? No way..."

'Do what I say and I'll let you go, I can guarantee your safety.'

"Keep experiencing new things and you might not go senile." Quanxi said.

'Going to kill Makima, will tell you everything if you help'

"...The news... there was a reporter I liked, I used to watch the show everyday, but one day, she got framed and I lost interest. You know, it wasn't as if she has changed... it was my mind."