Missed Date

Next Day... Bruce Wayne's P.O.V.

I was getting ready for my date with Ella when the Batwave suddenly went off. I groaned and rushed down to the cave. Alfred gave me a sorry look as I entered.

"Looks like I'm going to have to miss my date tonight," I said sadly, looking up at the screen to see what the trouble was.

Bank Robbery. Great.

"I'll drive down to let her know you can't make it," Alfred said, leaving the cave.

I felt disappointed, but hoped that maybe she'd give me a second chance. I clung onto that hope as I rushed to the Batmobile.

Alfred's P.O.V.

I drove to the café and looked for Ella. I spotted her sitting at an outside table and I walked over to her. She was looked just as beautiful in person as she did in her profile picture. It was a shame master Bruce wasn't here to see her. She looked up at me, offering a warm smile.

"Are you Ella?" I asked and she nodded.

"Are you Bruce?" Ella asked, raising a brow. I chuckled.

"No, I'm his butler. I'm sorry to say that Master Bruce can't make it tonight."

Ella sighed and nodded sadly.

"He must be a very busy man." I nodded.

"If only you knew, miss." Ella stood and smiled.

"Have a good night," she said, smiling and walking away.

I sighed and drove back to the mansion. Hopefully Master Bruce would be able to see her at some time.

Bruce's P.O.V.

I walked into my room and collapsed on my bed. Being the Batman is tiring. I took out my phone and saw that Ella was online.

"Hey," I messaged her.

"Hey," she replied.

"Sorry about not making it tonight. I really wanted to come, but something came up at work."

"It's completely fine, I understand."

I sighed in relief.

"Does that mean I get a second chance?"

"Of course :)"

"Coffee tomorrow morning?"

"Can that be at 11:30 in the morning? I have a small lunch break there."

"Isn't that a bit early for lunch?"

"Not when I start work at 6 in the morning." I laughed.

"Sounds like a plan then. Same place?"

"Sure. It's pretty late, I'm going to be really tired tomorrow."

"I'll talk to you tomorrow then."

":) Definitely. Good night Bruce."

"Good night Ella."

I relaxed on my bed. I get a second chance.