The Big Chill

Ella's P.O.V.

I hadn't been outside in days all thanks to this dreadful heatwave that suddenly took over Gotham. It was in the hundreds outside, so I only went out to either water my plants or to go to work with Bruce. Most people don't know, but Bruce has me help co-run Wayne Industries. It's to ensure that if one day Bruce isn't able to run the business, or if he must go into hiding as the Batman, then I can run things. I didn't like the idea at first, but I knew it had to be done. 

It was the coolest in the batcave, so that's where Bruce, Alfred, and I were currently at.

"All crime-fighting and no play makes Master Wayne a very dull boy," Alfred said to Bruce and I chuckled. "Even the Batman deserves to go on holiday once in a while. Wouldn't you say?" 

I turned to Bruce, who was working on another one of his larger gadgets.

"Alfred, you know how stir crazy I'd be lying on some beach?" Bruce questioned, wiping the sweat from his brow as he looked at Alfred. 

He was right, Bruce wasn't one for just sitting back and doing nothing.

"Which is why I've arranged for an athletic retreat," Alfred stated. "A way to hone the Batman's body and reflexes. Not to mention escape this heatwave." Alfred held up a pair of skis and Bruce grinned, sighing as he turned to him.

"You've booked reservations, haven't you?" Alfred grinned and shrugged, Bruce turned to me. "Did you know about this?"

"Nope, first time hearing about it," I said with a chuckle, Bruce turning back to Alfred.

"If I go, it's only to make you two happy," he said, just as the batwave went off. "The batwave..." The news turned on to see a woman standing in front of... an iceberg?

"The mind-boggling jewelry theft here at Gotham harbor has left one man frozen solid." The reporter said. "Not to mention an actual iceberg floating in Gotham Bay. Nobody knows about the bizarre perpetrator who calls himself Mr. Freeze." 

I frowned heavily, looking at Bruce to see he was doing the same thing.

"There, you see, it's a sign," Alfred stated. "A winter retreat is in both of your futures." 

I chuckled and rolled my eyes. Bruce rushed off to change into his suit. I winced and instantly felt bad for my husband, having to run around in that skin-tight suit and heavy cape.

"Good luck!" I called to him before he claimed into the batmobile, blowing him a kiss that put a smile on his lips. He jumped into the batmobile and sped off.

"Miss Eleanor, shall we begin packing for your trip?" Alfred suggested and I turned to him with a questioning look.

"Do you think we'll really be going?" I asked, Alfred smiling softly.

"One can hope."

Bruce's P.O.V.

I rushed to the scene of the crime, listening in on Yin and Ethan from a distance. Ethan mentioned the trail ran cold, but I had other ways of finding this Mr. Freeze. If everything he touched really did turn to ice then the places he walked would still be cooler than the other parts of the ground.

"Not cold enough for the naked eye..." I muttered as I pulled out a small thermic telescope from my pocket. "But in infrared... Freeze's trail is as clear as crystal." I jumped down from the radio tower I was perched on as a helicopter flew near me, jumping into the batmobile and rushing to follow Freeze's trail. "His trail leads clear across Gotham."