The Cat, the Bat, and the Very Ugly

Bruce's P.O.V.

I was in the museum after a crystal cat was stolen, most likely the work of Catwoman. Police were looking at the evidence, so I couldn't get to it. A light shined on the doorway I was hiding behind and I peeked out to see detective Yin. I nodded to her and she nodded back.

"I want everyone to recanvas the exterior," she ordered the other officers. "Let's move."

They all left and I stepped out. I looked to the ground and found flecks of something. I took a sample and finished looking around before heading to the cave to analyze it. I was reading through the results when Alfred and Ella walked in.

"The tome you requested, Master Bruce," Alfred said, handing me the book.

"A second perp doesn't fit her profile," I muttered. "Catwoman works alone."

"Well, partnerships seem to be all the rage these days."

"Detective Yin's a good cop, Alfred. I'm glad she decided to put her trust in the Batman."

"Me too," Ella said. "Now someone can keep an eye on you out there."

She grinned and I playfully glared at her. The computer completed its match for the fleck.

"Dander, of an eastern European raven," I muttered. "That's one of Penguin's birds."

"But why would Catwoman team up with him?" Ella asked.

"Here's why." I handed her the book. "The relic stolen last night is one of a pair. With Ra, the Egyptian sun god."

"Isn't that relic on loan to the natural history museum here in Gotham?"

"A cat and a bird. Two relics, two villains."

"And one crimefighter capable of stopping them."

Ella smiled brightly and I couldn't help but smile as well.

"Thank you."

The Next Night... Bruce's P.O.V.

I was stalking out the natural history museum when I arrived to find Penguin and Catwoman about to exchange the bird and cat jewels.

"Such a shame to break up the pair," Penguin said. 

I threw a batarang and sliced his umbrella before jumping down in front of them.

"Oooo, Batman," Catwoman greeted. "You never call, you never write."

"Three's a crowd, Bat-jerk!" Penguin cried.

"If you two want souvenirs of your visit, try the gift shop," I stated.

They set down the crystals and turned to attack me. It was difficult to keep up with both of them, but I managed to take out Penguin for a moment. I jumped up to go after Catwoman, but she used her whip to wrap around my ankle and slam me into a coffin. I knocked my head and blacked out. I woke to Penguin placing a weird cuff on my wrist, the other attached to Catwoman.

"I'll just hang on to the key," he said, placing it in his hat. "And the jewels."

He laughed and knocked over an artifact, triggering the alarms. I looked to Catwoman before running towards the door, but Penguin slid it shut. Catwoman banged on it with a cry.

"Now what?" She snapped.

"Relax," I said, pulling out my lock picker. A timer suddenly appeared on the cuff.

"Oven timer?"

"It's rigged to explode." I kept messing with the lock.

"It's been a blast, Batman."