Injury and Recovery

Ella's P.O.V.

I was in my silk nightgown, and a robe over myself while I was reading in the clock room, which is where the entrance to the Bat Cave is. Suddenly the passageway opened and out tumbled Bruce.

"Bruce!" I cried, getting up and rushing to his side.

I quickly removed his cowl and I saw his face was as white as a sheet!

"Alfred!" I cried and he ran into the room.

"Dear Lord!" Alfred exclaimed before helping me pick up Bruce. 

He winced and I saw a gash in his side.

"We need to get him down to the cave," I said.

We hauled Bruce into the elevator and got down to the cave. We set him to the medical bed. Alfred cut off the top of Bruce's suit, and we saw a nasty gash on his side that looked like a bullet wound. I quickly grabbed a first-aid kit and handed it to Alfred. He pulled out a few things and applied ointment to Bruce's would. Bruce winced and he cried out. I took his hand in mine.

"Stay strong," I whispered.

Bruce gripped my hand, and I placed my other one on top of our joined hands. Bruce cried out again and passed out. A tear slipped out of my eye, and I looked up at Alfred.

"What can I do to help?" I asked.

"Just hold his hand, and be quiet," Alfred said. "I'm going to stitch him up." I nodded and pressed a kiss to Bruce's hands as a few more tears fell from my cheeks. "He'll be fine, Miss Eleanor."

I nodded and looked at Bruce's face.

I hope so.

The Next Day... Ella's P.O.V.

I was sitting next to Bruce in a separate chair so that I didn't accidentally lean on him and hurt him. He had a few broken ribs, his shoulder was fractured, and he had a concussion. Thankfully I know it wasn't from a man who was able to overpower him. It was from a beam of metal from a construction site hitting him. 

I knew Bruce was looking over at me while I was reading a book on medical practices, trying not to look at him. It had been a while since I had reviewed anatomy, and I figured this was a wake-up call. 

"Ella," Bruce called out to me.

"Don't," I snapped.

I didn't want to hear him say 'I'm okay' one more time, when he clearly wasn't. Sure, Bruce had been injured before, but not to the point where he could barely make it back to the cave. I hated to admit it, but I was scared. Terrified, even. 

Bruce sighed and he slipped his hand on top of mine.

"Ella, I'll be better soon," he insisted. 

"But not soon enough," I said. "I-I just wish I keep you from getting hurt."

Bruce gently reached over and turned my head, but I still avoided his gaze. I took his hand and grasped it, bringing it to my lips to press a gentle kiss.

"Ella," Bruce cooed. "Look at me." I finally looked up at him and he smiled. "You can't do everything. But you can do one thing for me."

"What's that?" I asked, tears threatening to fall from my eyes.

"Relax. For me, please. These injuries are really nothing serious."

"But what if one day they are serious? What if one day you... you..."

I burst out crying and I turned away from Bruce, unable to finish my sentence. I heard him get up and walk over to me. Suddenly I was being lifted and I gasped in alarm.

"Put me down!" I exclaimed. "You're hurting yourself!"

Bruce smiled softly and shook his head.

"Ella, you barely weigh a thing."

I pouted, and I started crying harder.

"I-I'm s-sorry." I cried. "I-I know you're probably right. I just can't help but be worried."

"I know, it's okay."

Bruce quietly shushed me as he started walking away from the room we were in. He walked us into our room and he set me down on the bed. He joined me a second later and he quietly played with my hair. He wiped my tears away, and he looked into my eyes.

"I love you," Bruce said, smiling. 

I smiled a bit. "I love you too," I hiccuped, and Bruce chuckled.

My eyes started to close, and I yawned. Bruce kissed my forehead and he pulled me into him.

"Sweet dreams my princess."

All of my socials ;)

https://www.tiktok.com/@faith_starwalker?lang=en

https://www.twitch.tv/faith_starwalker

https://www.faithstarwalker.com/

https://www.instagram.com/faithstarwalker/

https://twitter.com/FaithStarwalker

https://www.quotev.com/FaithStarwalker