Clayface of Tragedy

:Part two of the season one finale!:

Ella's P.O.V.

"Let's wait one more minute," Bruce said and I nodded, allowing him to pull away from the embrace. He sat in his chair and watched the monitor for a few minutes. I stood behind his chair and rested my hands on his shoulders, massaging them gently.

"It'll take time for Ethan to recover from his trauma with Joker," Bruce finally broke the silence.

"No doubt," Alfred agreed as he walked in. "Though you should really think about turning in, Master Bruce. It's been a long night."

Bruce nodded and stood, but as we were walking the batwave went off.

"The batwave," Bruce said as an officer spoke from the monitor.

"We're under attack from some sort of clayface creature, we need backup!"

"Clayface?" Alfred asked.

"Could be tonight's just getting started," Bruce said as he slipped on his cowl and rushed to the batmobile.

"I have a bad feeling about this," I mumbled as Bruce drove off, gripping my stomach.

"Are you feeling unwell, Miss Ella?" Alfred asked.

"Not physically. Something just feels... off."

Bruce's P.O.V.

I made it to the scene to see the police attacking the clay thing before using fire hoses to 'melt' it. They claimed to have beaten it, but I could see it slipping down the drain. I made my way down to the sewers and turned on ultraviolet lighting on my cowl to see this Clayface's trail. I followed it to a drain and looked out to see the police department, and the trail went inside. I looked to one of the windows to see the police chief in distress, so I grappled and swung up to find him being covered in clay. I swung forward and into the room, kicking Clayface into the wall.

"Huh?" I asked.

So he really was made of clay. He grabbed me and threw me across the room. He cried something incoherent and gestured for me to move.

"Sorry fella, clay not spoken here," I stated.

He screamed and shifted, moving out the window and to another building and onto another. I grappled after him, giving chase. I quickly caught up with him, standing in front of him. He cried out and swung at me, which I dodged. I tried to kick him, but when I made contact he turned rock solid and I fell to the floor. Clayface looked confused. He grabbed me and threw me over the building, but I held onto the ledge at the last moment. I looked up at Clayface and he made two large hammers with his body. He cried out and slammed them down, but I quickly moved, pulled myself up, and went behind him. He made his arms into sharp points and tried grabbing me. The door to the building suddenly burst open and several police officers, including Yin, stepped out.

"Alright, freeze!" Yin cried. Clayface tried to say something, but no one understood. "I'm warning you, don't move."

Clayface ran to the ledge of the building and I followed, both of us jumping. Clayface made makeshift wings to glide. I threw a batarang at him and it tore off some of his clay, and the batarang brought it back to me. I made my way back to the cave, now that I had a sample of DNA to work with.

"What do you think this stuff is?" Ella asked as she watched me work, allowing me to analyze it before she took a shot at it.

"Organic matter," I responded. "Mutated human DNA. Which means Clayface may be more victim than criminal."