The Man Who Would Be Bat

I'm so glad that so many people enjoy this story! Thank you all for your comments, votes, and support <3 

Third Person P.O.V.

Detective Yin and Ethan were chasing the Batman late at night, Ethan grunting as Yin made a sharp turn.

"Seriously, this guy nabs a crook for us and this is the thanks he gets?" Ethan asked.

"I just want to tell him how grateful I am, up close and personal," Yin stated, just as the Batmobile's lights flashed brightly, forcing the detectives to come to a stop.

"Imagine that, lost him," Ethan said as he stepped out of the car. In the distance, a flock of bats flew in the sky, Yin shining her flashlight at them. "Coincidence?"

"If you were the Batman, what kind of pets would you have? Let's see where these bats lead us." Yin and Ethan followed the bats for a while until they lead them to the top of Wayne Industries.

"Wayne Industries..." Yin mused. "Looks like your buddy Wayne has some explaining to do."

Ethan's eyes were wide in horror, not wanting to believe it.

The Next Day... Bruce's P.O.V.

"Morning Marline," I said as I walked into the office, ready to do some work today. "Any messages for me?" 

Marline pointed behind me, and I looked to see Ethan and Yin.

"Bruce, we need to talk," Ethan said sternly, and I raised a brow.

"Ethan? I hope this is a social visit," I said with hope.

"Drop the act buddy, we know you're the Batman." My eyes widened. "Sike!" Ethan exclaimed, and I felt myself relax. "You the Batman..." 

Ethan continued laughing for a moment, Yin obviously not amused.

"We are, however, investigating a lead on the Batman," Yin said, taking a step forward. "We'd like to have a look in this building, Mr. Wayne." 

I nodded in agreement, showing the detectives up to the top lab they wanted to see.

"Trust me, detective Yin, if anyone here had anything to do with the Batman, I'd be the first to know." I opened the door to the lab, my eyes widening to find over a dozen bats on the ceiling. "Hah, but if it's bats you want." I motioned to the bats. "Dr. Langstrom is an audiometrist, an expert in the science of hearing. Bats are part of his research on-" 

I was cut off by a freezer in the door opening and out stepped Dr. Langstrom himself.

"It's been so long, Mr. Wayne," Langstrom said.

"Dr. Langstrom, these are detectives Yin and Bennett," I introduced.

"Detectives?" Langstrom asked.

"Dark in here," Yin commented. "You aren't trying to hide anything in here, are you doctor?"

"Bats are nocturnal, they prefer the dark," I pointed out. "That's common knowledge."

"Dr. Langstrom, where were you last night between four and five A.M?" Yin asked.

"Right here, waiting for my bats to return," Langstrom replied. "I suppose I don't have much of a social life."

"What do you know about the Batman?" Ethan asked.

"I've never paid much attention," Langstrom said. "But if he likes bats, he can't be all bad."