Traction

Ella's P.O.V.

Bruce had been working in the Batcave all morning, building some sort of large suit of armor for an emergency I suppose. I had decided to sit back and watch him for a bit, rock music filling the cave as Bruce tested the functions of sight and one of the arms he had built. He decided to turn up the music even more, which had me rolling my eyes. I looked over to notice Alfred had walked in with some nachos, most likely trying to get Bruce's attention, but the loud music made it difficult.

"Master Bruce!" Alfred shouted, Bruce standing up from fixing one of the arms, and accidentally hitting Alfred with the huge piece of metal.

"Alfred!" Bruce and I cried, Bruce shutting off his inventions and turning off the music as I rushed forward from where I was sitting at the main control desk.

Bruce quickly helped Alfred up, who was now covered in nachos and a scrape on his arm.

"Your nachos sir..." Alfred said dully as I walked forward, giggling slightly and looking down at his wound.

"Let's get that bandaged," I suggested, turning to grab some supplies.

"Merely a flesh wound," Alfred insisted. "I do believe my military medical training has equipped me to deal with such injuries." Alfred looked up at the machine Bruce was building with curiosity. "And that would be for?"

"Don't know yet," Bruce admitted. "But it sure is cool. If only the engineers at Wayne industries knew their cutting edge tech was being used to assist the Batman."

"If only we could build a cleaning robot to assist the Batman's butler," Alfred retorted, Bruce simply grinning as I chuckled.

"Well I don't know about you, oh mighty Batman, but I need food," I teased as I kissed Bruce gently before grinning as I left him to work on his machine for the rest of the day if he pleased. 

Later that night, as I went down to suggest Bruce eat something, the Batwave went off, and Bruce's music stopped.

"The Batwave," Bruce mused, scanning over the information on the screen before quickly leaving his work behind and rushing to put on his suit.

"Good luck!" I cried as he jumped down into the Batmobile, turning and offering me a smile before he zoomed out.

Bruce's P.O.V.

For an armored car to be attacked in the manner the report said, it would be safe to assume that whoever I'm about to deal with is a lot stronger than other opponents I've faced. As soon as I arrived at the crime scene, I could immediately spot heavyweight damage, stopping the Batmobile and jumping out to investigate the truck. I was surprised to see the drivers tied up, with the money still inside.

"The money's still here," I mused. "I've been baited."

"The Batman, I presume." 

I quickly turned at the sound of a Russian accent, seeing a man in a mask a few feet from where I stood.

"The mask look must really be catching on," I quipped, though I kept a serious composure.

"Defeat me, and I will allow you to remove it," the man offered.

"Hate to disappoint, but I don't fight for sport."

"Then fight for your life!" 

The man quickly lunged at me, starting a fight, though it seemed to be futile for him.

"Talk to me," I demanded. "You can start with name and motive."

"I am Bane," the man, Bane, answered. "The last opponent you will ever face."