Ragdolls to Riches

Bruce's P.O.V.

I saw that a silent alarm was tripped at the museum, so I rushed over and found Catwoman fighting a masked man dressed in rags. A new villain, named Ragdoll. He had trapped her in a display and was going for a cat painting.

"Mmm, the price tag on this pop might make a cat person of me yet," Ragdoll mused.

"After tonight, I guarantee you won't be a bat person," I said as I revealed myself.

"The Batman," Catwoman purred.

"Competition, eh?" Ragdoll asked.

I pushed my cape away from my shoulders, just as he started rolling toward me. When he was close, he kicked me in the chest and knocked me down. I was shocked, he was so skinny I couldn't imagine him having that kind of strength. But I quickly recovered and stood, avoiding a few punches before I grabbed his arm and twisted it behind him.

"Oh, oh no!" Ragdoll cried somewhat dramatically. "My arm!"

Annoyed, I let him go, and he went onto his knees. He stood and started twisting his arms and body in odd positions, and I realized he was double-jointed just about everywhere in his body, and flexible.

"Neat, huh?" He asked.

We started fighting again, and I took him more seriously this time. He managed to push me away, and in that time he grabbed the painting and started to crawl into the vent he came through. I grabbed the frame of the painting, but he ripped the actual painting off of it to get away.

"Toodles!" Ragdoll called.

I tossed aside the frame and turned to find Catwoman had escaped as well. With nothing to gain by staying, I went back home. I found Ella in the cave, reading over a list of names.

"What's this?" I asked.

"I'm trying to familiarize myself with the people who are going to that event we're going to tomorrow night," Ella explained.

"Oh, I forgot about that."

"Are you still interested in going?"

"Did we R.S.V.P?"

"Yeah."

"Then we don't have much of a choice. If we don't show up, people will start asking questions."

"Well, then, it's a good thing I got your tux dry-cleaned."

Ella's P.O.V.

It was the night of the party, for what I wasn't exactly sure, and Bruce was off talking to some investors or company friends. I decided to hang out at the bar because I wasn't interested in talking to anyone. With a sigh, I turned to order.

"One water with-"

"One water with-"

I paused and looked at the woman next to me, who was ordering the same thing, and we both smiled before laughing. She was gorgeous, wearing a slim red dress, gold jewelry, and her long black hair up in a ponytail. For a second I was glad Bruce was married, or I might've been worried.

"Make that two waters with lemon, please," I said to the bartender before turning to the woman. "I wonder what else we have in common, Miss...?"

"Kyle," she responded. "Selena Kyle."

I held out my hand. "I'm Eleanor."

"Wayne, I know. But, who knew Gotham's Princess had such a grip."

"It's a must, when in my line of work."