Q & A

Bruce's P.O.V.

Ella and I were at the theatre tonight for the sake of making a public appearance. Also, we made a considerably large donation to the hall to keep it open. It really was a big part of Gotham's history, and Ella and I were proud to help. But unfortunately, classical music isn't really my thing, it's Ellas. Just old people playing lullabies really, in my opinion. I had an earpiece in one ear playing rock music, but I could still faintly hear what they were saying when they announced a new song.

"Before we continue, I'd like to acknowledge some of the donors who have made Gotham's great concert hall possible," the director interrupted the show. "Mr. and Mrs. Bruce and Eleanor Wayne." The spotlight turned to us and we stood, waving and smiling before sitting. "And Mister Herbert Ziegler. Philanthropist, and accomplished pianist. What will you play for us tonight?"

"I play Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata," Mr. Ziegler said. "August number seven, number two."

I yawned and the woman next to me shot me a pointed look, while Ella nudged my side.

"At least pretend to look interested," Ella whispered.

"I'm trying," I whispered back.

Ziegler took a seat on the bench, but as soon as he did a farting sound echoed through the whole place. He pulled out a whoopie cushion and the audience chuckled. He simply tossed it away and began playing the piece. But after a few seconds, a person in a duck costume came out from the top of the piano and started quacking. The audience started laughing, but Ella and I looked at each other with a knowing look. Something was wrong. The duck kissed Ziegler before pulling him into the piano. A cane came out from behind the curtains and dragged the piano off stage and behind the curtains. Before it could leave the stage I was out of my seat and calling for the Batmobile. Ella would cover for me if someone asked where I went.

I went into an alley to wait for the Batmobile, when a tiny car zoomed past me. I got a look into the back seat to see Ziegler bound, looking up at me with an expression that cried for help. The Batmobile turned the corner the next moment and I jumped in. I quickly changed and gave chase after the kidnappers. I caught up with the car, but whoever was driving was good. And the car was surprisingly fast. It drove down into the water drainage and into a pipe. Fortunately, I was able to skid the Batmobile to a stop before ramming into the wall. I did hit it though, I couldn't stop that. I couldn't chase them anymore, they could go anywhere in those pipes.

"Hope that buffs out," I muttered.

I headed back to the cave to find Ella just walking in as well.

"Did it end already?" I asked, raising a brow.

"No, I started feeling unwell," Ella groaned, putting a hand over her stomach. "I didn't even need to fake it, the lady sitting next to you noticed I looked off and offered to drive me."

"I'm sorry princess," I cooed, walking over and pressing a hand to her forehead to find she was warm. "Go upstairs and get some rest, take tonight off."

"No, I want to help," she whined, but I knew from the way her eyes desperately tried to stay open and how she was swaying that she needed rest more than anything. I chuckled and pressed a kiss to her forehead.

"Alfred, please help her upstairs."

"Right away sir," Alfred said, stepping forward and moving one of Ella's arms over his shoulders so she could lean on him. "Come now miss Ella, I have some tea that'll help you feel right as rain by morning."

"I hope so."

I smiled softly and turned back to the case. There had to be something here.

After a while, I thought I found it.