The Rubber Face of Comedy

:This is part one of the finale! Hope you all enjoy!:

Bruce's P.O.V.

I had read about Jokers robbery with a new invention called "Joker puddy" that turned any matter into a puddly like substance. Unfortunately, I was too busy to get involved with that robbery, but one night on patrol I caught him spraying the substance onto the large statue that looms over Gotham bay. 

"Joker," I growled as I slid down part of the statue to meet him.

"The Batman!" Joker said with a smile. "Punch and Judy, man our units! Keep the bat busy! The artist must not be disturbed!" 

Joker went off to finish distorting the statue's face, while Punch and Judy rushed at me. The two weren't as strong as Bane, but they were still fairly strong and were very heavy. And fighting two of them was difficult. After a while of fighting, I managed to incapacitate both of them at once by getting them to hit each other. I looked up to see Joker continuing his work and jumped to the plank above me. 

"Hold it bats!" 

I quickly turned and pulled out a batarang to see my lifelong friend, Ethan Bennett, aiming a gun at me. I dropped my stance.

"Detective," I greeted. "We're on the same side."

"Tell it to the chief."

"Hold the mayo!" Joker cried. "I'm the vandal here!" He jumped down to us. "You mean to tell me the chief of police considers this vigilante a greater menace than the clown prince of crime? Why that's an outrage! An insult! In fact detective, I resemble that remark."

Suddenly detective Yin came behind Joker and grabbed him, putting him in a hold. I took the opportunity to quickly turn and knock the gun out of Ethan's hands. Joker kicked Yin away before going to the edge of the platform and allowing himself to fall off. I rushed to the edge to see him on top of Punch and Judy, who was holding onto a rope. 

"They never give you enough rope!" Joker complained. He shot his puddy mix at the rope. "Bon voyage!"

Because it was puddy the rope started to stretch down to the ground. Before I could jump after him, Ethan tackled me from behind. 

"Joker's getting away!" I protested. 

I had to admit, I was somewhat confused. Usually he was more inclined to my side. What was happening?

"At least I got you," Ethan stated. 

I threw him off of me and into the railing bars, not taking into account how fragile they were. They broke and Ethan started to fall, but I grabbed onto the pipe he was holding onto and held on to another for support. With quick thinking detective Yin swung onto a rope and towards Ethan.

"Take my hand!" She cried, and he was quick to do so. 

Knowing they had safely made it onto another platform, I jumped off mine and into the batmobile to pursue Joker. Unfortunately he had gotten away, once again, so I made my way home. 

Ella's P.O.V.

I woke up and walked into the living room to find Bruce staring at an old picture of him and Ethan. He told me about what had happened last night and I knew he was scared. For a moment he almost lost his best friend, and he was scared for his life. He hadn't had that feeling in a while. Not since Dracula almost took my soul to give to his wife. That was a terrifying moment for both of us, and was part of the reason Bruce refused to let me crime fight.  

"You guys were city champions that year, right?" I asked, Bruce turning to me. "I guess in a way you both still are." 

Bruce set down the picture. "Ella, what would you think about bringing Ethan into the fold?" He asked.