The Next Day...

Ella's P.O.V.

The Batman stood in front of me. I didn't know what to do, so I turned and ran. I didn't know where I was going, all I saw was darkness. Suddenly, the Batman was in front of me again. I was confused, terrified. All I wanted was to go home, to be with Bruce. 

"I'm sorry," he whispered.

My eyes snapped open and I gasped. I felt Bruce jump as I pressed my head into his chest.

"Ella?" Bruce asked.

I looked up at Bruce, tears falling down my face. He pulled me closer to him and he gently ran his fingers through my hair.

"Was it him?" Bruce asked softly.

I shook my head and he looked down at me.

"It was the Batman," I whispered.

Bruce's eyes widened, and he raised a brow.

"Why?"

"I...Well... When he rescued me, he said he was sorry. I don't know why but it just... haunts me. It's odd, I can't explain it. I think it's just an effect of being so terrified in the moment that my brain is messing with me."

I looked up at Bruce, hoping he would understand, but he had a blank expression on his face. I felt my face fall, and I looked down.

"I'm sorry, I understand," Bruce whispered, kissing my head. "The pearls that fell from my mothers neck when she died always haunted me... even though it wasn't as prominent as the actual deaths. Human phycology is odd." 

I nodded and relaxed. I had hoped Bruce would understand, we did have similar trauma. 

"Thank you," I said.  I shifted in my tight dress.

"Are you uncomfortable?" Bruce asked.

"Yeah, a bit," I said, trying to stretch. "I can't believe I slept so soundly in that dress." 

Bruce got up and walked over to the closet. He pulled out a silk nightgown and night robe. I smiled and stood. Bruce handed me the clothes and I walked to the bathroom.

"Do you mind if I keep the door opened a crack?" I asked sheepishly.

Bruce nodded and gave me a sad smile. I quickly changed and walked back out. Bruce's stomach growled and I giggled.

"Are you hungry?" I asked.

Bruce rolled his eyes.

"I don't think I am," he said sarcastically, looking down at me and smirking.

We both chuckled and Bruce picked me up. I squealed in delight.

"Bruce, I can walk," I protested.

He didn't pay attention to me as he carried me to the dining room. I couldn't help but admit to myself that being lifted in his strong arms made me feel safe, so I didn't complain. I had never been with a man who was strong enough to physically pick me up.

"I'll go see if Alfred is awake," Bruce said, setting me down on my chair and smiling at me before walking out.

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat, watching every shadow. Irrational thoughts ran through my head, which I did my best to ignore. If someone got into my house, they could probably get into Bruce's too... No, shut up, Bruce has actual security and a huge gate. I took in a deep breath and tried to clear my head, thinking of nice things to take my focus away from the bad stuff. A few moments later Bruce walked back in, smiling at me. I gave him a sad smile as I fiddled with my necklace, which I still had on from last night. I saw a shadow move and I jumped out of my chair. Bruce got up and took my hand in his.

"It was just a shadow," Bruce whispered.

I nodded, but I wasn't looking at him.

"I know," I whispered, taking in a deep breath.

I heard him sigh and he pulled me onto his lap. I hugged Bruce and he ran his fingers through my hair. Alfred came out with some food, but I didn't feel like eating.

"Ella..." Bruce warned, seeming to already know my thoughts.

I shook my head and didn't look Bruce in the eye.

"I don't feel like eating," I mumbled.

"Please."

"No," I snapped. I could tell that Bruce was annoyed, but I wasn't backing down. He sighed and held up a piece of toast to my mouth.

"Please. You need the nutrients, it could help with the upset feeling you have." 

"Fine," I mumbled.

Bruce gave me a sad look as I took the toast and started eating it slowly.

"I'm not sorry."

"I know you aren't, but it's okay." I looked into his eyes and offered a forced smile. "Thanks for trying to help."

"Of course, you're my girlfriend. I'll do whatever it takes to help you recover, I promise. And for now on you can stay with me. There are tons of empty rooms in the manor you can use."

"Thank you, Bruce. I don't know what I can do to repay you."

"Just you being mine is enough, I promise."

All of my socials ;)

https://open.spotify.com/show/6fH5sy9cF7sfhjXdmh2sxg

https://www.tiktok.com/@faith_starwalker?lang=en

https://www.twitch.tv/faith_starwalker

https://www.faithstarwalker.com/

https://www.instagram.com/faithstarwalker/

https://twitter.com/FaithStarwalker

https://www.quotev.com/FaithStarwalker