The Batman

Ella's P.O.V.

The Batman stood over me and I scooted myself backwards until I hit the wall behind me. The Batman kneeled in front of me, and gently put a hand on my now bruised face.

"Please," I whispered, closing my eyes.

I didn't know what I was asking for. For him to leave me alone? For him to rescue me? My heart was beating so fast I was sure he could hear it. I'm sure I looked pathetic, tears running down my face, my dress torn and my hair must've been a mess. I wouldn't care if it was someone I knew, but this was the Batman. The mysterious vigilante the media hated with a passion. I didn't know what to expect from him.

"I'm sorry," the Batman whispered.

I felt the hand leave my face and I opened my eyes to see that the man who attacked me was tied up, and the Batman was gone.

Why did he say that?

Suddenly several policemen, including Detective Ethan Bennett ran into the room. I coward into a ball and Ethan ran to my side.

"Ella?" He asked.

Ethan is Bruce's best friend, and we've been friends for a while. I had interviewed him once a long time ago. I looked up into his eyes and I started to cry. Ethan wrapped an arm around me and lead me outside. He wrapped a blanket around my shoulders and I stood in front of his squad car.

"What happened?" Ethan asked.

"I-I was getting ready for bed," I shakily tried to explain. "W-When there was a knock on the door. I called the police and he broke down the door. He said that I was special t-to Bruce and hit me. Then he was thrown off of me. When I looked up, I saw the Batman."

Ethan's eyes widened, and he wrote something down.

"Ella!" I turned to see Bruce rushing towards me.

"Bruce!" I cried, not caring how or why he was here. 

I ran to him and I hugged him tight. I started to cry again, and Bruce rubbed my back reassuringly.

"You're coming home with me," he stated and I nodded.

I felt safe like this, here in his arms. I felt him pull me away from the scene and into a car. I stopped crying and started hiccupping, trying to calm down. Bruce rubbed my back, and I looked up into his eyes. He left a lingering kiss on my forehead and wrapped his arms around me.

"You'll be safe with me," Bruce whispered.

I didn't say or do anything. I just kept my eyes wide open. I was afraid to close them. I thought if I might this may be a dream and I'd wake up with that man over me again. The thought of someone actually being able to break into my house terrified me, especially the fact he was able to get so close he actually hit me. I hadn't been this afraid since the speedster killed my mom. Even the particle accelerator explosion was less frightening than this.

Bruce's P.O.V.

We drove up to the house and I carried Ella to a spare room. She gripped my shoulders as if it was her life. I sat down on the bed, but Ella didn't let go of me.

"Stay," she whispered looking up at me. "Please."

I laid down with Ella and hugged her close to me.

"I'm not going anywhere," I whispered.

"I'm afraid to close my eyes."

"Don't be. I'm right here. Whatever it is, don't be afraid."

What she was experiencing looked a lot like PTSD settling in. I didn't know a ton about her encounter with a speedster as a young child, but I could only guess some of those past memories were coming back right now.

"Just focus on me," I whispered, rubbing her back. "Focus on the feeling of me holding you. I promise no one is ever going to hurt you again."

She nodded and I felt her visibly relax. My phone vibrated, and I quietly glanced at it. Bank robbery.

"What is it?" Ella asked. I put my phone away.

"Nothing," I said.

The police can handle it. 

Places you can follow me ;)

open.spotify.com/show/6fH5sy9cF7sfhjXdmh2sxg

www.tiktok.com/@faith_starwalker?lang=en

www.twitch.tv/faith_starwalker

www.instagram.com/faithstarwalker/

twitter.com/FaithStarwalker

Hearts and comments are appreciated!