29

2 hours before the crash

"When we get there should I be, I don't know... Mad?" I ask Eren genuinely curious. I watched as Eren's brow twitched upwards, giving me a quick glance before returning his eyes to the road.

"What do you mean?" he spoke

I turned in my seat, facing my body to him. I saw the way his lips etched into one of his famous smirks, before I explained,

"They left us you know, mine left when i was just a little shit—"

"You still are." He interrupted.

"Literally fuck you." As soon as I said those words I saw his mouth move to speak again and I knew it wasn't going to be anything innocent, "Nevermind don't reply to that."

He shook his head laughing at my antics.

"Look my sexy beast of a woman, you do what you want to. I understand he left but he did it for a good reason and who's to say your mom didn't know? All I'm trying to say is give him a chance." he said, sneaking glances at me.

"Sexy beast? you're an idiot" I laughed

"Is that seriously all you got from that?, plus I was just trying something out." He joined. The sound of his laugh was so perfect to my ears.

He's changed, we still have some bumps on the road, but he's not the same he was a few months ago.

We've been driving for almost thirty minutes, we're about to enter the long road that takes almost three hours to cross, the sun went down a few minutes ago leaving us completely in the dark with just street lights and a few cars here and there.

"I'm not going to be mad. If you're wondering." Eren broke the comfortable silence.

I take my gaze off the road to look at him for a second before facing the dark empty road again.

"Yeah. Neither am I." I smiled.

"Good now put some music on, we have like 3 hours to go." He demanded jokingly.

"Fine, pass me your phone." I rolled my eyes while laughing at him. I put some music on and leaned my head back on the seat. Closing my eyes just listening to the mellow of the beat. Everything felt good right now.

So good.

Too good...

Before I knew it, falling asleep was easy.

                                     ****

"...(Y/N)..."

"...(Y/N)..."

I felt myself wake from my deep sleep. Letting out a groan I pushed whatever was trying to wake me up away. Turning to the side to get comfortable again. That's when I felt it. I was sitting up.