36

Many years before

"What do we do?" The woman sped around her kitchen in distraught to the package that was left on her front door as she spoke to her husband.

The box had now laid on her kitchen counter and her husband sitting on the couch, elbows resting on his knees with his face in his hands. It was all too much for him.

"I have to go." The man whose hair was getting a little too long for him to see correctly stood up and walked towards the box. In it lies his daughter's favorite stuffed animal with a knife sticking out of its throat.

"Where are we going, Kenny? You know there is nowhere these Russians won't find us." Eileen released the angry breath she was holding. It was an anxious and hurtful time for her already, she just lost her baby due to a miscarrage and there was no chance in hell the other was going to be killed. They needed to fight back, that was all she processed,

"What do you expect me to do? They're reckless and angry but they always have a plan and frankly that's something we don't have and I'm not going to put the only people I've ever loved in danger." he stood up walking towards his wife, her head laid on his chest.

The Bratva and any branch of the Italian Familia never got along. They were like children who stole eachothers toys, broke them, and lied about it. It was always a fight between them. Who was the strongest? Who was the angeriest? The cruelest?

The Devil among men?

The Italians were smarter, level headed. A virtually unbeatable if diminished foe for Italian law enforcement and society. While Russians were impulsive and ruthless. The worst mix of all. Imagine if they worked together? An unbeatable consolidate. If only they stopped killing each other.

After the war broke out it was death after death and blood shed after another.

"What about (Y/N)?"

"We'll move closer to Grisha, he'll protect you both. While I train new recruits. We need to get stronger."

--------------

Present

(Y/N)         

The shouts grew louder. Once we entered the corridor, the gunshots were closer than they had ever been. I'm scared.

But not for the reasons a normal person would be scared of in this situation. I'm scared that Eren might get hurt. Terrified that this could be the last time I'll see him. He's been beat up worse than me, being in a car crash didn't help either. We both lost a great amount of blood that god himself doesn't know how we're standing.

Eren is someone I can't afford to lose. Not today, not tomorrow, not ever, and if I have to die to uphold that promise, so be it.

We make our way onto the basement's cement floors, keeping a steady pace in mind. This nasty basement is littered with bloodstains and cobwebs. Looks like it hasn't been cleaned in years.

The hallway was tiny, but on each side were rows of cells with obvious signs of death. The stench of rotting flesh and mold persisted in the air for quite some time. It's fucking revolting.

Bile grew in my throat and I couldn't hold it in anymore. The uncontrollable reflex expelled the contents of my stomach onto the floor. I heard a quick, "Fuck" from Eren before i puked the remaining contents.

I felt one of Eren's hands grip my hair back while the other rubbed my back up and down. Any other man seeing this would probably join me, but not Eren. He was never afraid to help me even if it was gross--and this is very gross.

"Are you okay?" Eren said after I finished, turning my body to face him and wiping my mouth with the back of his forearm.

This man makes me fall even more in love with him, I didn't think it was possible.

I nodded my head before spitting on the floor. I don't think they'd care.

"Come on, let's keep moving before people start coming down here," he said, smoothing his palm over the top of my head. I still took the lead, wanting to protect him, but I wasn't sure how I'd accomplish it with the worst pain I'd ever experienced in my lower stomach.

I Ignored it. I'll push through it.

There were stairs at the end of this hall that led up to a steel door that seemed like we wouldn't be able to open. There are couches and tables on the left. They're spotless and a deep black, which contrasts sharply with the hallway we just left. To the right was a door with an exit sign at the top, next to a polished bar with liquor on the shelves that are loaded to the brim.

"What are we going to do?" I glance at Eren and think to myself, "This feels too easy." What kind of psychopath has a door leading to freedom in a dungeon where people are tortured to death? It appears that the Russian Mafia does.

"Let's do it."

"What? I knew you were fucked up in the head, but that right there," I point at the door repeatedly, "Looks like the biggest trap in history."

"(Y/N), It's either that, or the big ass steel door in front of us, where it sounds like people are dying right now." I stare at him and tears well up in my eyes. I don't know why Im so fucking emotional– actually i do.

"Please promise me, you won't die today? Not even for me." I say breathlessly.

With his eyes on me and his hand on my cheeks he rests his head against my forehead and speaks, "You know I can't promise that second part. I'll die for you over and over again if it means you live forever."

I close my eyes, as tears escape them. With a shake of my head I say, "If you die, I won't live forever, Eren. You are my Forever."

"Fucking hell, (Y/N). If I die, you aren't going to kill yourself." He shakes his head with a small laugh.

"You won't be here to stop me. Because...well you'll be dead." I laugh, but the tears don't stop.

We stood there a few seconds laughing at the thought we couldn't ever be separated. Even in death. As fucked up as it sounds, its pretty romantic.

"Okay, let's go." I grab his hand and we walk towards the door,

Whether it leads to our freedom or death. We're in this together. Forever.

Even If Forever Falls Apart

--------------------------------------------

Hi! I'm sorry, i have been gone for a month and a half, school and work has kept me very bsut and i haven't been able to update, but my schedule does get clear starting next week. I will get this story finish.

The angst is coming my loves, i miss the smut:((((

But i love y'all for sticking through this story, i will be rewriting it once its over just because i feel like my writing has improved and the first few chapters could be 100 % better.

Oh and I changed the name to this story, because it'll be better for later.

Laterz baby, (if you know where that's from, ily)

til next time.