Hell's Angels (unedited) [27]

Talking with god is never what you expect.  Not that many people would even dare to imagine they would get to have a one to one conversation with the big man himself. I certainly didn’t and even now after having had that conversation I couldn’t believe it had actually happened.

I have to admire every inch of the person I had learnt about in Sunday school as we stood toe to toe with one another. How I got to be this close to him I had no clue.  And how he came to look like a bloody cowboy still eluded me. But, as my eyes swept over his bright white shirt that was open enough to reveal a small spattering of chest hair and his perfect figure hugging jeans, I have to admit that this look suited him. And looking into his eyes, I had never felt more at ease. Then God smiled at me and I felt at home.

We were stood in a small garden. It was one that looked like it belonged in the middle of the tropics rather than a small square of heaven. It was only golden guilt fences and the beautiful ornate bench in the middle which gave away its true purpose.  

“Hello Child,” he whispered, his breath fanning across my face before he leaned forwards and touched his lips to my forehead.

My eyes fluttered closed as I revelled in the tender and fatherly gesture before pulling back so that I could look up into his eyes. They were incredible. Even now I could not remember truly what they looked like. I only knew what I had sensed and even that had been too complex to fully comprehend.

“Hello,” I responded breathily. I wanted to hit myself for my lame response but his mere presence dazzled me. Was it like this the last time we had met? Clearing my throat, I asked the only question that I could think of. “Am I dead?”

“No,” God responded offering me a warm smile as he pulled back. “You might have been if you were simply human or simply an angel but you have a purpose. Barachiel forgot his purpose. It is why I could not bring him back. He would have just kept killing because he had nothing to hold him to sanity.”

The sadness that was in those few words brought tears to my eyes. It was like his overbearing guilt and sorrow was being enforced upon everything in the immediate vicinity. Even thee flowers around our feet, that had been happily swaying in the breeze, were now drooped and wilting.

“I’m sorry,” I whispered, unable to think of anything else to say but then feeling like I wasn’t saying enough.

God patted her cheek gently and gave her a smile before sighing.

“Back on to topic I think dear.” He said, speaking with more strength and authority than before. “You are not dead, merely in a deep sleep. It will allow you to heal and I could talk to you.”

I nodded my head but inside I was questioning just what God would want to say to me.

“Although my son did not succeed in killing you, he did succeed in opening the gates.” God paused when he noted my wide eyes and the terror lurking within them. “Not to worry my dear, for the most part it remains closed. But some have escaped and demons will continue to escape until the gates are closed. And the secret is already locked up inside of your head dear daughter.”

Using his finger to tap my temple he smiled down at me.

“My Star left it there for you and Lucius. She always was gifted in seeing the future.  All it will take is a kiss to gain the knowledge that has been locked away there. But there is quite a lot so be prepared from weariness. These transfers are not done often and can be rather taxing.” God smiled and cupped my cheek and in that moment I couldn’t help but shake my head at the significance of the moment.

How many people could say that they had ever experienced something like this?

“Okay,” I murmured. That’s good; I thought to myself, all it would take would be a kiss from Lucius to help save the world. That would not be as painful as getting stabbed.