Hell's Angels [8] unedited

Chapter 8

Half an hour later, we had gathered in a strange kind of throne room. It looked more like the interior of a Roman temple rather than the throne room of the devil. Columns lined both sides of the hall and the floor was created from thousands of tiny mosaic tiles. From where I stood, it looked like a blur of colours. Yet, when I lifted my gaze to the ceiling I was greeted by polished white crystal that acted as a barrier between this level and the next yet reflected the mosaicked floor like a mirror. It was beautiful, the images showing images of the fall of the Greek Underworld and the rise of Lucius’ reign. The two figures in the middle of the mosaic were holding hands in brotherhood – Lucius and Hades. It was strange to think that the two of them had been friends for so long.

Lucius was sat at the table with hit back stiff and his hand scrunched tightly into fists. He paid no heed to any other person within the room; he even ignored the presence of me as his gaze stared out of a window that overlooked his realm.

Cautiously I took a seat beside him, being careful not to make any sudden movements in case it provoked his anger. He was tensed - too tensed. It promised trouble to whoever evoked his wrath. I just prayed that it wouldn’t be me.

We sat in this painful silence for a long while. Neither of us daring to utter a single word and break the heaviness that was bearing down upon us. I felt as though I was physically hunched over because of it. The only relief came when the door to the throne room swung open and ricocheted off of the wall with a loud thud that caused the floor to tremble beneath my feet.

Glancing up, I saw Hades leading five winged people into the room. Two were women whereas the other three were men. I recognised my neighbour from dinner in all of his winger glory. It was none other than Castiel. The others I vaguely recognised from the dinner but I did not know their names. The first of the women was short, less than five foot by my accounts but, as is standard with Lucius and his friends, she was absolutely beautiful. Dark caramel skin that spoke of Middle Eastern roots was shown through the gaps of the beautiful clothes that adorned her body. An intricately patterned sari was draped over her shoulder finishing the entire look. She looked regal and would easily have men bowing to her if she were on the surface. Here with Lucius and his cohorts, she looked like she belonged as each was as beautiful as the last. The other woman was a few inches taller and hair the colour of amber. Even her eyes burnt with an orange haze even though they were as red as every other demon’s. The two men were equal in height and looks. They were twins by the looks of it though one had tattoo sleeves going up his bare arms while the other merely had dark cocoa skin that was completely unblemished, not a scar or imperfection in sight. Their eyes were what grabbed my attention most though. They were white – pure untarnished white. There wasn’t even an iris.

Lucius stood from the table and walked forwards to greet them all yet I could see that his mouth was set in grim line and his hands were in fists. He had cleverly his them behind his back so that the newcomers wouldn’t see. However, from the expression that formed on Castiel’s face, it was clear that they noticed all too well which kind of mood he was in.

“Savannah,” Lucius called back to me.

I jumped from my seat so abruptly, that the ornate chair fell to the ground with a crash drawing every eye to me. I shifted from foot to foot before bending down to retrieve the chair only to realise that I was bending over in front of 5 males. Probably not my best move. I straightened the chair as fast as my clumsy hands would allow before scurrying over and joining Lucius and the others.

“Savannah, I want you to meet some people these are what you call the managers,”

I nodded my head and smiled at the five of them, lingering a second on Castiel and giving him an even brighter smile than I afforded the others.