Hell's Angels [5]

Chapter 5

The next morning I was awoken by banging and crashing from the floor below. It took a moment for it to register that someone was actually within my house before I threw back the duvet and leapt off of the bed. Blindly I snatched up the first thing my hand could reach. Adrenaline pumped through my veins as the chill temperature of my bedroom caused goosebumps to form up the length of my arms a wince forming on my face as one particular part of the floor creaked loudly under the weight of me. As I crept towards my bedroom door, I stumbled over my half packed suitcase that I had failed to see in the gloom. Cursing quietly, I steadied myself and glanced down at the alarm clock held within my grasp. It probably wouldn't do much damage to an intruder but I supposed it could be a distraction if I needed to make a quick getaway.

It took me five slow minutes to edge myself out of my room and down the stairs. Each step was painstakingly slow, my entire frame on edge as I tiptoed across the soft fluffy brown carpets and edged down the stairs. The intruder was still making a ridiculous amount of noise in the kitchen so I tried to edge closer to the open door without making any sound. My heart didn't seem to like my sentiments and was pounding furiously within my chest until I felt sure that the person on the other side of the door could hear it too. Gulping in several deep breaths and gripping my fingers tighter around the alarm clock, I leapt into the door frame while brandishing the ticking object like a weapon.

"Heeyah!" I yelled out as I lashed forwards, chucking the object with all my strength into the room causing the person riffling through one of my cupboards to startle slightly and pop their head out from behind the cupboard door.

Almost instantly I dropped my hands at my sides as a breath of relief escaped my lips but then anger welled up at me just as quick as the terror had died. My usually gleaming farmhouse style kitchen was in complete disarray, ignoring the dent I had just made in on the refrigerator door, and I couldn't help get annoyed as the familiar sound of Lucius' humming greeted me as he continued to raid through my cabinets.

Stomping forward, I used my free hand to smack Lucius around the back of the head causing the man to pout like a child and gingerly rub the back of his head. Pushing up from the floor with his pouty scowl in place, he glared at me in accusation.

"What did you do that for woman? I was trying to find some decent food." He whined.

The mock anger in his voice only made me want to clip him around the head once more but I ignored the urge and instead decided to send one of my fists into his arm.

"- because you scared me, butthead"

Watching as he winced once more and rubbed at the tender patch on his arm, I felt a small smile grace my lips in triumph. He just pouted at me and continued to stare at my cupboards with longing, a frown forming between his brows as he contemplated which one he should search through next.

"Stop abusing me butch. Now just tell me where the chocolate pudding is and I will let you get away with those hits. If you don't hand over the chocolate pudding, I promise you there will be revenge." He removed his attention from the cupboards to focus on me as he took a step towards me before his eyes darted around the room once more and his tongue swiped across his lips in preparation for the chocolate dessert.

I was slightly confused about his turn around in emotions in light of yesterday but, then again – this was Lucius. He never did what was expected. If he was how people expected him to be, he would be a power hungry lunatic with horns and a tail. Instead he was a pouting twenty something looking man with tendency to act like a child more often than not. Rolling my eyes at his silly expression, I reached forwards and pushed his bottom lip back in so he didn't look quite as adorable as before but was more than taken off-guard when kissed my finger and then grinned at me with a slightly maniacal expression plastered upon his face.