Hell's Angels [12] unedited

Chapter TWELVE

With a jerk, I startled back to reality though it wasn’t much of an improvement on the images that had kept me prisoner within my own mind. I was too well trapped in there. It made me wonder what had managed to pull me from my own nightmares and to the reality that is Tartarus. I didn’t have to wonder for long.

A head popped into my vision startling me as the owner was hanging upside down so that her long dark tendrils of hair drifted in front of my face. I could handle the fact that she was swinging carelessly above me, if it wasn’t for the fact that the woman looked certifiably crazy and she was staring straight at me.

I winced as the manacles dug in tighter into my wrists and more blood dribbled down my arms leaving trails of crimson in my white flesh. I watched with a strange morbid fascination as the droplet trailed over the crusted brown lines where blood had made its path down my blanched skin. However I was quickly distracted when chains jangled and the head of the manic woman started to swing before my face.

“Who are you?” I managed to croak out through my parched throat. My features contorted into a frown as I tried to follow her to-ing and fro-ing before me. It made me feel slightly sick as I waited for her reply.

Dropping down before me, the brunette whipped her hair from her face and smiled at me with her surprisingly alert eyes. I had always assumed that crazy people were away with the fairies but this girl seemed to have a spark of intelligence within the depths of her eyes – familiar dark eyes.

“I am the mighty Star. And to you I am your lucky star.” She giggled childishly while she seemed to sway on her feet like she was caught in her very of tide of lunacy. I knew in an instant whom she was but how she came to be down here and acting like a complete nut job was beyond even my skills of deduction.

“You’re Lucius’ star?” I questioned even though I knew the answer. “Can you get a message to him for me?”

She stared at me for the longest time causing a chill to run the length of my spine, it didn’t help that my feet kept slipping and sliding in my own blood so the manacles would dug in deeper into my wrists. Taking in a shuddering breath I briefly allowed my eyes to close as I breathed myself through the pain.

When I opened my eyes, I found myself nose to nose to the crazy girl before, could feel her breath fanning across my face. And then like it was the most obvious answer of all, she muttered, “no.”

With wide eyes I wanted to protest, question why she wouldn’t help but the way her eyes looked into mine told me not to question the crazy girl. Instead I was ensnared by her strange eyes that reeled me in and held my attention so raptly that I barely felt it as her hands trailed from my waist, up my corseted curves, before skimming up the length of my arms. And then leaning forwards she planted her lips on mine … and kissed me.

Shock coursed through me at the mere fact that some woman, some demon, was kissing me but was relieved that it wasn’t anything passionate. Actually it was rather the opposite. If anything it was like it was mechanical, she was doing it because she had to? I felt confusion swirl within me as I tried to figure out what the hell was going on. She had kissed me for the longest time, not even moving to deepen it. But then I felt it, something edging into the back of my mind but I couldn’t explore it.

This new thing darkening the corner of my mind was foreign but hidden behind so many thick barriers that I couldn’t determine what was buried there. Somehow Star was doing something to me and I was completely powerless to stop it.

Pulling away Star grinned, her hands gently lowering my wrists down to my sides. She had undone the manacles and released me from their painful grasp.