Hell's Angels [11] Unedited.

Chapter Eleven

I didn’t know how long it had been since I had been snatched. Time seemed to have stopped moving – every minute feeling as if an hour had taken place.

My head lolled to the side so that it came to rest upon my shoulder. Manacles were tightly wrapped around my wrists and my ankles, clamped on so tightly that they had cut into my flesh. There was no doubt that they would leave me with permanent scars should I survive this particular ordeal, though at times I was very much tempted to give in. To let the nightmares have their wish and take me into oblivion.

I was in the deepest levels of hell – or at least that is where I thought I was. I had heard many different levels of torment when they had dragged me down here. But where they kept me - these had to be the worst. It wasn’t just physical pain they tortured me with - it was pure torment of the mind, body and soul. I knew about that first-hand because these people, these demons, enjoyed making me like through the worst things that I could imagine. They turned every good thing in my life and made it into my worst nightmare.

As pants of warm air blew from my mouth and beads of sweat rolled across my forehead, I prayed to God that I would be saved. That God would reach down with his powerful influence and pluck me from the fires of Tartarus. But it came to the big question, could he even reach me in the deepest and darkest parts of hell?

A whimper escaped my lips and pure hopelessness threatened to consume my soul.

How long have I even been down here?

Footsteps slapped against the wet stones floors, the sound getting louder and louder each moment that past. The person was obviously drawing closer. A shudder coursed through me causing the chains to shake and rattle within their fitting.  I knew that it wasn’t water that soaked those stones but the life blood of some unfortunate soul. I had learnt from the other bound souls, that down here, blood meant more than that – each drop that was shed stripped away more of the person’s humanity. It drove many to insanity but I had managed to retain some of mine – or at least I thought I had.

The footsteps sloshing closer caused me to gag as my stomach roiled in protest. The thought of someone walking through blood caused my stomach to churn, but it was the dread that those feet brought with them which finally caused me to dry heave. I had nothing to bring up though which only hurt me more because I was gagging to no avail. I hadn’t eaten anything since the party, and down here it seemed I could survive without nourishment. Obviously it was another type of torture.

The feet came to a stop less than a foot away. The stench blowing across my face smelt like something had quite literally died. I held my breath, determined not to be mixing air with whatever creature was before me.

I did not dare open my eyes to stare at the person. They had already cut out my eyes once for that, but, in true hellish condition, I had a new set the very next day. After the third time I chose to keep my eyes closed at all times. It was better to be in the dark anyways.

“My sweet, how are we today?” I struggled not to gag once more as the heat of my torturers breath fell upon the side of my face before he nuzzled his own face into the crook of my neck and took in a deep breath.

Jumping away from the disturbing hiss that was masquerading as speech, I swung on the chains causing the manacles to cut in deeper and draw more blood. He was the twin to my captor, and as such, loved to play around with my nightmares as much as his sister. The searing pain of the manacles was so much more bearable that the mind games this thing liked to play.

 Tears threatened to fall as he stepped closer to me, yet as I struggled to regain my footing without opening my eyes, I knew it was futile. Even if I had them, I wouldn’t allow myself to shed another tear in front of this beast. He loved them. It made him happier and, in turn, made him inflict more pain. My tears had long since dried out anyway. So all I did was whimper silently and wait for the torment that was sure to come.