Prologue

Life was easy as children. Hoseok did not have much worries, not even knowing about the mafia world. His father made sure of that. He did not want to bring his child into the mess known as the mafia world.

The main difference between The Eternals and the rest of the mafias is that they were not out for blood. They did not deal drugs. They were the ones that the policemen would come to for help, the ones who clean the mess up. They try to block the drugs from getting pass the borders of Korea.

They did have an ally up until Hoseok was a pre-teen. They were known as The Silence. The group was just as strong and had formed a strong bond with The Eternals. The two leaders did everything together, even bringing their children up together. Min Yoongi and Jung Hoseok. The two were a year apart in age, quite close and loved hanging out with one another.

Despite having two different personalities, the two got along quite well. It was hard to separate them from one another when it came time to leave to go home each night. They went to school together every morning and came back together each afternoon. It was like clockwork, always finding time to be near one another. That is probably why when it came time to leave them, Yoongi had trouble doing so.

It was on the last few days of school, summer vacation fast approaching. The two were walking home from their school, Hoseok holding onto the other's hand. The elder like holding hands so why not leave it up to the youngest to do so. The two were talking, well, more like the youngest was talking and the other listening. It was like that most days.

-

While the two headed home, Min Sung, just heard news from within his own mafia about something crucial. Despite working with the Eternals, he still went behind their backs. He still smuggled off drugs, collecting money like it was candy.

Jung Ji Sub had no idea. That is why the leader was confused when he heard his dear friend was leaving.

"What do you mean your leaving? Why are you moving to Seoul?" He looks at his friend in worry. "I'm sorry, but I need to." The two were standing by the door, the former holding onto the door frame. "We are leaving tonight."

"What did you do, Min Sung?" He glares at the other, approaching him. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't betrayed your trust." The other didn't have to ask, pointing for him to go. "Leave." The other tries to refuse, wanting to end on good terms. "No. Take your son and mafia and go."

Min Sung leaves, his hands clenched into fists. He sees the two boys making their way to the Jung's. Yoongi looks up, seeing his father walking down to his car. "Yoongi, let's go." The boy doesn't argue, pulling the younger into a quick hug. Only if Hoseok knew that would be the last hug he receives from his Hyung.

-

"Father, where are we going?" Despite only being nine, the boy was smart. He knew more than what others believed. Unlike Hoseok, he knows about the mafia world. His father didn't hide that from him. He wanted the boy to be apart of it, even if he was unwilling to bend to his father's will.

By the age of six, he knew how to handle a gun. He caught on real quick, paying attention to small things. He did his best to hide the mafia world from his younger friend, he didn't want him to face the reality that is under the good. But now, he's being taken away from the only good thing in his life.

"We have to leave."

The four words that changed his perspective on everything else. He knew what that meant. They are leaving Daegu. He's being taken away from his sunshine. He doesn't bother arguing, heading to his room to pack.

-

From then on, things started to change. The next day when Hoseok woke up, he wasn't greeted by the knocking on his bedroom door like he usually was. That was the way that the oldest woke him up for school. It was quiet. He slowly got used to not having his Hyung around, asking his dad where he went.

When he turned ten, two years after Yoongi left, that was when he was greeted to the mafia world. It wasn't on purpose, more of an accident. The bright boy was heading home from school, by himself, when loud gunshots fill the air. He looks back, seeing two cars go racing by him. He finds cover, nearly being taken out by a bullet. He covers his ears, waiting for the loud noises to go away.

Shortly after the scene, he slowly gets up and carefully makes his way home. What takes him by surprise is the cars being filled with boxes. He runs up to his dad, confusion written all over his face. "What's going on, dad?" His father squats down in front of him and ruffles the boy's hair. "We are going to relocate. It's about time I share something with you, Hobi. This will give you closure on to why your Hyung left." The boy nods, listening to his dad and going to pack his room up.

-

"Hoseok, snap out of it." The stern voice of Namjoon brings him back from the flashback. What led him to being here today. He looks up, seeing the taller standing there with a worried look. "Are you okay?"

He gets the question everyday. He still hasn't been able to truthfully answer those three words in years. Is he okay?

-

Word count: 959

A/N

Truthfully, I have never written a fanfic based on a ship from BTS. From other fandoms, yes. A long time ago but I deleted those stories.

This is purely fiction and came from the minds of myself. I got the idea from a tiktok that someone made but I can't post it unless it's the link. I hope you guys enjoy this if anyone reads it. This prologue is bit of a mess but maybe it's understandable?

💜