Chapter Sixteen

Fire.

Screams.

Shouting.

Yoongi pulls the younger by his hand, leading the way out of th mansion. His grip is tight, not wanting to lose his sunshine in the mess. He sees an exit up ahead, hurrying his pace and the two make it out.

Gunshots.

Pain.

Right as Yoongi steps out, a stinging pain shoots up his right leg.

He pushes Hoseok out, another pain shooting up his left side. He looks down, seeing his stomach bleeding. The younger shouts, grabbing the older and pulling out his own handgun. He starts shouting back, hitting whoever shot Yoongi.

"Hyung, come on. We are almost in the clear." He helps the older out, making it to their car. He opens the passenger door, sitting him inside. Yoongi lets out a groan, leaning his head back onto the seat. He slides the blazer off, pain shooting through his body. He uses it to tear in half, wrapping it around his thigh, trying to stop the bleeding.

He has trouble, his vision starting to go in and out. He lets out a breath, trying to even it out so he can focus. "How much further, Hoseok?" He managers to speak, almost taking his breath away from the pain.

"Maybe ten minutes at the most." He shifts the car into another gear, pressing his foot down on the gas.

"What's going on?" Jin's voice picks up on the other side, seems like the two escaped with no injuries. "Yoongi has been shot, two different places."

Jin lets out a few choice words, "Turn at the hospital. It's closer than the base. I'll meet you both there. Any one else injured that I don't know about?"

Everyone else gives an all clear, except they don't hear anything from Taehyung and Jimin. "Tae? Jimin? Boys, are you okay?" Static meets them all, Hoseok grips onto the steering wheel tighter. He turns into the hospital parking lot.

"Kim Taehyung!" Hoseok yells, his voice full of worry and nearly cracking. A groan is finally heard, a few coughs and a whine.

"Sorry, boss. We are okay. Impact from the explosion knocked us out as we were escaping."

Relief floods everyone's veins. Hoseok lets out a sigh, sitting back but is snapped out of it when Yoongi lets out a pained groan. He looks over, noticing how pale he's staring to look. "Everyone, head back to the base. I'll be at the hospital with Yoongi."

-

Jin pulls up into his parking spot at the hospital, turning the engine off and getting out. He looks up, seeing Hoseok half carrying Yoongi across the parking lot who's hanging on for dear life. Namjoon hurries over to the two, putting Yoongi's other arm over his shoulder.

Jin leads the way into the hospital, heading for the emergency ward to find an open bed. He pulls a curtain aside, telling the two to lay the man down. He grabs a pair of gloves, pulling them on and starts grabs the tools he needs. "Both of you, out." He shoos the two leaders out, making them wait in the hallway.

"Yoongi-ah? You still with me?" He pats the younger on his shoulder, who simply nods and lays still. Jin pulls his phone out, calling two nurses to come down to the room to help him.

Hours pass, leaving the two out in the hallway to worry. Hoseok paces back and forth, his hands running through his hair. His mind continues to flash back to the event happening at the ball. Everything went to plan. Thankfully, they only faced the causality of Yoongi being shot twice. He's still not sure who pulled the trigger.

He bites down on his bottom lip, looking back to the window the room that Yoongi is in. Jin had the curtain closed, so he has no idea if the surgery went well or not. He sighs, sliding down to sit on the floor and pulls his phone out. He sees messages from the others, asking how the older his fairing and whatnot.

He doesn't bother responding, clicking onto his photo app. He slides through some pictures, having managed to save some from when the two were young. A small smile graces his lips and he lays his head back against the wall. He will continue to wait. He's not losing his hyung again.

-

"Shit. Careful, Tae."

Jimin sighs, sitting on their bed in their room. Taehyung carefully stitches up a wound on the older's side. The two had a few minor injuries from the explosion but nothing they can't handle themselves.

"Stay still and you wouldn't be hurting." He finishes up the last stitch and cuts the thread. A sigh finally leaves his lips and he marvels his handiwork. He puts some medicine onto the wound, before placing a bandage over it.

He goes to wash up, rinsing off the dry blood on him. When he comes back, he sees the other stripping off his pants with some struggle. He walks over, helping him slide the pants off and throwing them into the laundry basket. "You can ask for help, you know?"

Jimin only shrugs, passing by him and going to wipe the dry blood off himself. Taehyung rolls his eyes before sliding on a pair of sweats. He decides against a shirt, not wanting the fabric to rub against the wounds on his upper body. He sits down on the edge of the bed, grabbing his phone to see if Hoseok messaged them back.

He doesn't see anything, leaving him to wonder how the others are. His thoughts are interrupted when Jimin sits down on his lap. He chuckles softly, reaching a hand up to push his hair back from his forehead and leaves a kiss there. "Anything from the hyungs?"

He shakes his head. The older sighs, leaning forward and laying his head on the other's shoulder. The door opens to their bedroom, but they don't bother checking. They both know it's the maknae, making his presence known. The bed sinks as the youngest climbs into the bed and sprawls out behind them.

"What are you doing, Jungkook?"

Jimin peeks over Taehyung's shoulder, seeing the boy's eyes closed. "I am sleeping in here." The older two chuckle, before getting comfortable in the bed themselves.

-

"Hoseok?" He feels a tap on his shoulder, making him tiredly open his eyes. Jin is squatting in front of him, looking at him with concern. The older reaches a hand out, running his fingers through the mafia leader's hair. "Yoongi is safe and out of danger. He's asleep if you want to go sit beside him."

Hoseok nods, pulling himself off the floor with the help of Jin. He walks into the room, seeing Yoongi sleeping peacefully. A smile forms on his lips as he takes a seat beside the bed on one of the chairs. Exhaustion finally starts to crawl up his body, knowing that his hyung is sleeping and safe. He reaches out a hand, placing it over Yoongi's. He intertwines the two of their fingers together and finally.. he lets his eyes close. He will figure things out after he gets some sleep.

__________________________________________________

Word Count: 1,194