Chapter Fourteen

"I can't do this anymore, Seokie. Let me help you."

Hoseok sits in his office, pondering over the words for some time. He felt betrayed, knowing this is the same person who he fell for at such a young age. He was left behind, having no idea that his hyung left him until a week had passed. His mind flashes back to different memories of the two of them, tears pricking at the corner of his eyes.

-

"Hyung, do you think we will be friends for a long time?"

The younger of the two asks, the both of the laying on the roof of the mansion. They are out, stargazing. It was a common thing the two did together, allowing them to have peace.

A sigh escapes the older, turning his head to look at his friend. "As long as I can stay by your side, Seokie. We will continue to be friends." His mind travels elsewhere, thinking of another reason. 'Because I have to protect you from this cruel world.'

Hoseok smiles, watching the a star shoot across the sky. He doesn't respond, enjoying the silence and the breeze that blew over them.

-

Yoongi looks down at his handcuffed hands, a tear sliding down his cheek with a small, sad smile on his face. He knows he does not deserve help. He practically pulled the trigger to kill Hoseok's father, his second dad.

He left the boy when they were younger, having promised to stay by his side. It hurt. He left his sunshine, leaving him to the fate of the cruel mafia world. He did not have a choice, being forced to do work for his own father. Yoongi's only hope for happiness now is if Hoseok decides to let him help. He will end the Silence, with or without the help of the younger.

-

The door opens to Hoseok's office, making him look up to see the intruder. A pale but living Jungkook walks in, a small smile on his lips.

"Hi hyung. I heard the news."

He closes the door behind him, slowly making his way to the chair in front of the desk. "Jungkook, you should be in bed. Not in here." He quickly wiped the tears off his face, stern look appearing. The younger just shrugs, wincing at the aftermath. "Do you think I'll listen to you?" He raises an eyebrow, sitting back and trying to get comfortable.

"No. You rarely do."

A smile breaks out on the other's face, nodding. "Correct. So, here is what I'm going to propose. Yes, Min Yoongi fucked up. But, you have to realize. He's been forced to follow his father's orders for years. He might have seen the group after your father, but he did not have a choice. That is what leads me to suggest this option."

He leans forward, giving the mafia leader a look. "Let him help us. He knows the ins and outs of that base. He knows his father's weaknesses. He can give us information that no one else knows. Let Yoongi help us get rid of the silence for once and all."

Hoseok eyes the boy in front of him, crossing his arms over his chest. Silence fills the room, almost unbearable.

-

He hums to himself, boredom occupying his mind. He had already thought of multiple ways to escape the room if things did not turn out the way he hopes. His eyes go back down to the handcuffs.

It's going to hurt breaking one of my hands, but if it's the cost of escaping-

His thoughts are interrupting, making him bring his eyes to the person walking into the room. Well, people. Namjoon and Hoseok.

He stares at the two for a moment, sitting back in his chair. His old friend walks to the front, pulling the chair out and sitting down. Hoseok sits back, his arms moving to cross over his chest and one of his legs crossing over the other. He motions for Namjoon to walk over, the younger following his command.