Chapter Seventeen

"Answer the damn phone, Seokie." Yoongi groans out, grabbing the younger's attention.

Hoseok slowly opens his eyes, sitting up and pulling his phone out. He yawns, pressing the answer button and holding the phone up to his ear. "Hello?"

"Finally, you answered. We've been trying to get ahold of you for the past hour." He pulls his phone away, seeing the contact name. It's Taehyung.

"What is it?" He asks, running his fingers through his own hair. "We were just calling to check in. You never sent anything back last night."

"Everyone is okay," he looks up, meeting the older's eyes. He gives him a thumbs up, closing his eyes again to rest. "Yoongi is okay, too. Drugged up, but okay." Taehyung snorts, letting out a small laugh.

"Then I'll leave you two alone. I'll take care of things around here." Hoseok thanks him and puts his phone away.

"Who was that?" The older asks, finally making Hoseok realize he's awake. "It was Taehyung. How long have you been awake?" He leans forward, holding his hyung's hand. Yoongi squeezes his hand, opening his eyes and looking over. "A few minutes. I will be okay, Seok."

The younger lets out a sigh of relief.

-

A few weeks go by. There has not been a whole lot action from the Silence. The weather is starting to get colder, having the mafia bundle up in warmer clothing.

Hoseok pulls his jacket closer to his body, watching the fog form as he breathes. He watches from across the road, a small store in front of him. He was waiting for someone, that someone wanting to make a stop at the store. He had told the younger to stay in the car, that he will be okay going in on his own.

The mafia leader refused to listen, standing outside and watching the older from a distance. He can't help but worry. They have no idea if Min Sung is dead. They didn't find a body, nothing left of the Silence. He's sure that the father of Min Yoongi is out there somewhere, waiting to pull a trigger to end his love's life or his own.

At first, he refused to even let the older leave his side. He didn't want the older going out on his own, especially without him. If he left the house for a mission, he'd have one of the other's watch after him. Most of the time it's Namjoon or Seokjin. Those two were at the base more than the youngest three despite Jin being a doctor at the hospital nearby.

His phone starts to go off, making him look away from the store and pull the device out. Jungkook's name flashes across the screen, making him worried. The younger rarely ever calls.

He answers the phone, putting it up to his ear. "Hyung? Are you there?" He sounds out of breath, concerning Hoseok even more. "Yes. I'm here."

"I spotted some people. They looked suspicious so I decided to go investigate. They obviously knew who I am because they started to chase after me." A series of sounds escape from the younger's side, making Hoseok tighten his grip onto his phone. "Send your location to me, Jungkook. Hang up, find somewhere safe to hide until I get there. Okay?"

The boys lets out a yes before hanging up. Shortly after, he sends his location to the leader. He pulls the location up on his phone, looking for the quickest route there. He's interrupted when Yoongi walks over, bags in his hands. "What's going on?"

He looks over Hoseok's shoulder, seeing the GPS open on his phone. "Jungkook needs our help." He doesn't bother questioning it, putting the bags into the trunk. "Lets go."

The two climb into the car, Hoseok starting the engine and putting it into gear.

-

Jungkook lets out a heavy breath, leaning against the wall. He looks across the street, seeing his bike not too far away. He doesn't want to risk it yet. He has no idea where these men went, leaving him in the dust.

He lifts his jacket up, grabbing his gun from the holster on the back of his jeans. He slowly lets out a breath, calming his body down and letting his ears focus on the sounds around him. He clicks the safety off his gun,

No one is around him. He doesn't hear any footsteps, or a breath. He is quick on his feet, hurrying across the road and over to the bike. He pulls the helmet on, kicking the bike stand up and turning the engine on. He slides the gun back into the holster, quick to start driving down the road.

He doesn't make it far when he hears gunshots from behind.

"Shit!" He yells out, speeding up. He takes a hand off one of the handles, clicking on one of the buttons on the side of his helmet. The face shield lights up, allowing him to speak in commands. He calls Hoseok, his grip tightening on the handles as he rounds a corner.

-A notification pops up on the computer screen inside the control room

-
A notification pops up on the computer screen inside the control room. A sigh escapes his lips, having he sit down the cup of hot chocolate he's drinking.

He leans forward, clicking onto the notification.

'Assassin: Jeon Jungkook. Requesting help.'

He is quick to join the call, between Hoseok and Jungkook.

"What's going on? Jungkook?"

A sigh of relief escapes the mafia a leader. "Taehyung, direct me to him. I'm pretty sure we have a new rival and they are after him." Gunshots come from the younger's side, along with more cuss words.

"Fuck! Do something you two! Lead me away from them!"

Taehyung quickly starts working on pulling up the GPS system, seeing the cars following after Jungkook. The door opens up behind him, two people walking in. "It's the Silence. They still have people alive. Someone is controlling them. That's why they know who Jungkook is."

Namjoon takes a seat beside the Tech, grabbing a headset. "Focus on the road, Jungkook."

Jimin leans against the wall, watching the computer screen.

-

A chuckle escapes the man's throat, bringing a glass up to his lips. He watches the screens in front of him, amusement clear on his face.

The people around him enjoy their drinks, watching the show in front them. It's clear they are enjoying it, knowing this is the group who tried to kill them all.

"Sir, should spice things up more?"

He sits the glass down, his eyes never leaving the screen. "Don't bother. The fun is just beginning."

"But Mr. Min.."

"That will be too easy. Keep on his tail. He will eventually make a mistake."

___________________________________________________

Word Count: 1,116