Chapter Four

Jeon Jungkook

Jeon Jungkook. Better known as an assassin who worked the night, taking on requests from multiple people to take care of their dirty laundry. He's only twenty but already had many deaths under his belt.

Did he feel bothered by it? No. He didn't feel anything when he pulled the trigger and put a bullet into someone's head. From the time he was young, he never had a childhood. He lost his father at a young age due to being caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. His mother soon joining his father when he was twelve. Except for the fact, he was there to witness that death.

His mother being shot in front of his eyes as he hid under the couch. He watched as the breath left her body. The same day, he decided he wouldn't feel anymore. Why bother? He didn't need a reason to.

He was brought to live with his mother's sister. She did her best at raising him. He might be stubborn but he did prove he was happy for her work, for her trying to make him better. It didn't work much.

She helps him through the rest of school. His aunt wanted to make sure he had an education at least. By the time he reaches seventeen, he had taken up working a job and attending more classes on how to fight. He also took some time to learn how to hold a gun. Why? Don't bother questioning his methods. He made a promise from the first day he saw how hard his aunt was trying to provide for him. He will protect her when it comes down to it.

It was a few days before his eighteenth birthday when he kills his first person. He was heading home from work, it was after nine at night. He takes his helmet off, leaving it on his bike. He reaches into the bag onto the side of his bike, quietly pulling out a pistol he keeps in it. The reason why he decides to take precaution is the fact that the front door is wide open and his aunt's vehicle is in the driveway.

He slowly makes his way around back, knowing it would be foolish to walk straight in. He opens the door, doing his best not to make any noise. He slides in, hearing shouting from inside the living room.

"I know you have it! Your husband said so!"

A low whimper comes from his aunt, making him tighten the grip onto the gun.

"He's been dead for years! I have no idea where it's at!" She yells back, wanting to protect herself.

Jungkook walks to the hallway, peeking into the room. He sees two men. One is holding is aunt, pulling her head back by her hair. Another one is crouching down in front of her, a knife at her throat. Her eyes quickly meets Jungkook's, fear and dread in hers. The boy takes in a deep breath, pointing the gun up and quickly pulling the trigger. He shoots the first man, the one in front of her. It's a clean shot, making him fall back.

The one holding onto his aunt goes to attack back, but he's quick to end his life to. He puts the gun away, shoving it in the back of his jeans and runs over to his aunt. He falls to his knees, pulling her into his arms.

"Where did you learn how to shoot a gun like that, Kook?"

He chuckles softly, rubbing her back with one hand. "Practice and time."

She doesn't question it. The two shortly after pack everything up, getting rid of the two bodies and selling the house. They move from Busan and find a place in Seoul. He didn't live with his aunt full time, deciding to get an apartment and actually attend college. He decided from that moment that he will continue to achieve his own dreams and take care of the dirty things during the night. Jungkook decided he would continue to do so and help rid of the bad ones. He never took a day job unless it was absolutely necessary or wanted to have some fun in his free time. Sometimes, he would take on a job just to help out the ones who are good.

For example, he had a few friends in the Eternals. They knew him from seeing him around the city, sometimes talking to him. The day that the blood bath went down, he had been sitting across the road from the scene. He didn't know what happened in the building, but he had seen the men leave. They didn't do a good job at hiding themselves.

He figured he'd help Taehyung's mafia group out some and he stands up. He leaves money for a tip at the restaurant he was sitting at and grabs his helmet. He walks over to his bike that is sitting on the curb. He swings his leg over, sitting down on the seat and putting his helmet on. He kicks the kickstand up and starts the bike up.

His next objective is to follow them.

-

The vehicle pulls up in front of another building. They all start to climb out. Jungkook finally notices it's some sort of underground bar. 'Ah. So they are coming here to celebrate.'

The assassin shakes his head, putting the kickstand down and sliding his helmet off. He grabs a face mask, pulling it over the lower half of his face. This is so he isn't recognized during the day, made it easier to escape without being noticed. The group is pretty loud, not hiding their delight at succeeding their own mission.

He follows them, a few steps back as not to be caught by them. They all enter the bar, he stays nearby. It will make things easier, hearing what they all had to say.

"Boss will be happy to hear about this," one cheers, holding up their glass and clinking it with another. The sight makes Jungkook roll his eyes. He isn't much better himself, killing off the dirty ones of the world for money.

He purely did it for the fact that he lost his mother and father. He wanted to rid the world of the bad people. That is what makes him request a drink from the bartender and asks it to be delivered to one of them. The same thought running through his mind as he sends him a wink, lifting up his own glass. One of them push the one in the middle over to him. He smirks to himself, getting up and heading for the back. He knows the guy will follow, it doesn't take much.

Once he reaches the back, he leans against the wall beside the door. The guy soon approaches him, standing in front of him with a glass in his hand. "I haven't seen you around here before."

Jungkook internally groans, acting like he hasn't heard the line multiple times before. He composes himself, wanting to get this done. "I don't frequently visit the place. It's been a while." The man nods, leaning over the younger and placing a hand next to his head. "Would you like to hang out more?"

Jungkook lifts a hand up to pull his mask down, raising an eyebrow and a smirk forming. "Are you offering?" The man nods, a smirk on his own face. He puts his drink down, leading the way out the door. As he pushes Jungkook up to the wall, closing in on him, that's when the young boy takes action.

He brings his knee up, hitting the guy in the crotch and brings his hand up to cover his mouth. He then knocks the guy out, finding something to tie his hands behind his back. He grabs his mask, pulling it all. He uses his other hand, pulling his phone out and looks for Taehyung's number.

"Hi hyung. It's been a while since we've talked. I have a gift for you and the others," the man lets out a grunt, dragging the body to his bike.

"A gift? What the hell, JK? What is it?" Jungkook chuckles, sitting his phone down so he can put the man on the bike comfortably. "You'll see. Usual spot?" A groan is heard from the other side and some shuffling.

"What time?" The assassin looks around, noticing that he has no idea where he's at. "I don't know. I'm pretty far out. I'll call you when I get there. Or, have Jimin Hyung track me." The older agrees before the two hang up. He smiles to himself, getting onto the bike and making sure his grip on the guy is tight enough that he won't fall on the trip.

__________________________________

Word Count: 1,467