Chapter Ten

Jungkook lets out a groan, peeling his eyes opens as the sunlight hits his face. He tugs at the restraints once more, the rope not being any looser. He looks down at his feet, seeing the bottom of his extra dagger sticking out of his boot.

The idiots weren't smart enough to check him for any concealed weapons on his body. He smirks a little to himself. He moves his legs, trying to figure a way to get the dagger up to his hands. He glances at the door before throwing his chair back. He didn't expect the chair to break into pieces. The wood must've been bad.

He lays for a moment, his body aching from the compact with the ground. After a few minutes, he shakes his right leg. The dagger slides out from his boot, falling to the ground. He moves his body so he can grab it with his hands. He pushes himself against a wall, leaning back to start cutting through the rope that holds his hands together.

He knows he doesn't have long. The group of men will be back soon to check on him. He quickly undoes the restraints and stands up. The room sways for a minute or two, must be from the loss of blood. He grips onto the dagger in his hand, using the other to pinch the bridge of his nose. Slowly, the room stops spinning and he makes his way out of the room.

Another mistake. Leaving the door unlock. He walks down the hallway, leaning heavily against the wall. He walks slowly, his boots not making any sound. He's trained himself not to be loud, not wanting to attract attention to himself. He breathes in, holding his breath and sees a stairway up ahead. He grips onto the railing, making his way down. It's a slow process. Every muscle and bone in his body hurting.

He hears voices from afar, knowing that he's close to the ground floor. An exit sits at the bottom, letting him know that they must be in some abandoned building instead of a house. Once he reaches the door, he carefully pushes it open and steps outside. He doesn't let his breath go yet, knowing he isn't in the clear. He looks both ways. An alley way.

Jungkook takes off in a small jog, the morning sun beating down onto him. A cool breeze blows by, burning the cuts on his body. He's nearly free. Or, at least he thinks he is until he hears shouts. Shit. They know he's escaped now. He picks up his pace, looking for somewhere to hide. A few alleys down, there's a dumpster and some trash bags beside it. Thankfully, he's wearing all black and he will blend in. He squeezes himself beside the bags and dumpster, steadying his breathing so he won't be seen.

His head spins, his mind hazy as he dozes in and out of consciousness. His body seems to relax, it completely drained of energy. Sooner or later, he gives in to the darkness.

-

"So, you have come for another visit?" TOP asks, standing up from the table and walks over to Jimin. He gives the younger a kind but warm smile.

He feels his body relax, knowing that no one in this room is a threat. They took care of him after he lost his family. He stayed with them up until The Eternals took him in.

"Hoseok hyung said you guys needed to let us know something?" He gives the gang leader a look, raising an eyebrow in questioning.

"There's been a whole lot of smuggling happening at the docks. At least fifteen shipments in the last two months." He nods his head to the board across the room. "They must be getting help from their groups in Japan and China."

Taehyung crosses his arms over his chest, reading the papers on the board. His eyes scan over them, being amazed at how much money has been spent. "Let me see the databases," Jimin speaks up. TOP leads the shorter over to the table and pushes his laptop to him. He sits down, logging in and his mind is completely elsewhere as he gets zoned into the work in front of him.

-

Seokjin hangs his lab coat up for the day. He only worked the mid-shift at the hospital today. That meant he could finally go home and be with the others. He waves to the other doctors as he walks down the halls, the strap of his bag over his shoulder and his phone in his hand. He sends a text to Joon, letting him know he'd be home soon.

He exits the building, sliding his phone into his pocket. He hums softly, heading to the nearest bus stop. Some days he preferred taking the bus, it saved him from having to drive. He didn't like the prospect of being behind a wheel at all times. He threads his fingers through his hair, turning to walk down a sidewalk. He decides to stop at his favorite coffee shop but stops at the door when he sees something that catches him off guard.

He looks back down the alley way a second time, his eyebrow raising. "Jin hyung?" He looks to the entertrance, finding it a bit ironic that Joon is here too. His eyes go back to the alley way and he holds a finger up to the younger. "Just a second, dear." Namjoon looks at him strangely, coming out and his hand resting on the gun that's strapped to his hip.

"What is it?"

The older shakes his head and walks down the alley. He nears the dumpster, the bags seeming to be covering something up. He hands his bag over to Joon, crouching down to move the trash bags aside. His eyes widen, seeing the familiar face and picking up his speed. "Jungkook?!" He reaches forward, feeling for a pulse. It's very weak, making Jin's whole body freeze. "Here. Take your bag, Hyung. I'll carry him. I brought my car."

Namjoon gently moves the older to the side and crouches down to pick the youngest up. He slides an arm under his legs and the other under his shoulders. He stands back up, quickly walking to the parking lot. Seokjin is right on his heels, fishing Joon's keys out from the other's pockets.

-

Hoseok sits in his office, going over the plans once more. The funereal for his father was not for another week. Jin wanted to look for any other aspect that led to his utter demise. He already knows who was involved in it. He is just waiting for the person to be brought in.

The inner com in his office speaks up, bringing him out of his thoughts. "Boss, the boys brought in the suspect. They know he was involved. He just refuses to speak up."

"I'll be down in a minute. Take him into the room."

He stands up, walking out of the office and down the hallway. He rolls his sleeves up as he walks down the stairs. A few men stand at the bottom, bowing their heads down for respect.

What he didn't expect was the front door being opened and Namjoon carrying in an unconscious Jungkook. "What the hell?" His eyes widen, watching the two walk by.

"Go take care of your business first. I'll let you know how he is as soon as possible," Jin states, handing his bag to one of the men to take it to his room. Hoseok watched them walk by, worry filling him. This is exactly what he was worried about. He had been telling the younger since the first time he's seen the boy. One day he was going to be tracked down and he given the same treatment.

It seems like it happened. The mafia leader tries to shove his worries to the side, knowing he'd have to put a mask on and talk to the suspect at hand.

-

"Yoongi, we have a problem."

His gaze goes to the man standing at the doorway of his office back in his apartment. He walks to his desk, opening the lid to his whiskey and sits his glass onto the desk. "Go ahead. Speak."

The man trembles under the elder's glare, nearly wanting to turn and walk out. He knows their boss will not handle the news well. He clears his throat, pulling at the collar on his shirt. "Jung's men have got one of our men who's involved in the death of his father."

_________________________________________________

Word Count: 1,432

I'm happy that people are reading this and enjoying it. You're more than welcome to leave comments. My soulmate already does. 💜💕