Chapter Nine

"Who was that?" Jimin questions after Taehyung gets off the phone. The younger slides the device into his pocket, letting out a sigh.

"It was Namjoon hyung. Hoseok's father has been killed." The news doesn't seem real almost, the two taken aback by it. He slides the card into the slot of the hotel door, opening it up and walking inside. Taehyung right behind him, holding both of their bags. He takes his bag from the younger, making his way over to a bed.

"Do we need to head back?" He questions, sitting down and pulling of the pistols out of the secret compartment of the suitcase. He pulls the chamber out, checking it and grabbing the bullets. "Hyung said to stay here and finish the mission." He nods, giving notice that he heard the other. He fills the chamber up and puts the safety on.

He grabs a pair of sweats and a t-shirt. "We can order takeout for dinner tonight and get some sleep then." He glances over to Taehyung, who just gives a sound of confirmation. He walks into the bathroom, shutting the door behind him. He takes in a deep breath, running his fingers through his hair as he lets go.

Just for a the mission. Concentrate on that. Nothing else.

He turns the shower on, letting the water run for a moment. As he's taking his clothes off, his mind keeps flashing back to the past. His chest tightens up a little, feeling the panic grip at him.

I'm safe. So is tae. There's no reason to be afraid.

He breathes out, his hands shaking. He steps into the shower, letting the water wash away his worries for now.

-

Hoseok sits down into a chair. The other members sit in front of him, or who was here at the moment. Namjoon and Seokjin. The two look at him with worry, not knowing what is going to come from his mouth.

Jin looks over at the younger, reaching over to squeeze his hand then back to their leader. "Hobi, we need to plan his funeral." He knows it isn't a good idea to bring the topic up but he needs to. They need to heal the wounds and move on.

"I know, Hyung. Have they brought his body back?" The older nods, sliding the folder in front of him to Hoseok. "I did the tests and looked over the body. It is clear that this wasn't planned. Someone did this without permission from their leader." Hoseok clenches his jaw, taking the folder and opening it.

He feels his breath catch in his throat, seeing the pictures in front of him

He feels his breath catch in his throat, seeing the pictures in front of him. It's real. His father really is dead. He pushes the folder back, standing up and grabbing his jacket on the way. "Gather the men, Namjoon. I need to make an announcement." He walks out of the room, slamming the door on the way. He leans against the wall for a moment, letting out a deep breath before his eyes turn dark. He is going to find this person and they will pay.

-
The next day, the two are back in the car and heading towards downtown. It is more known as being full of rich people or people who others don't want to get involved with. Jimin knows, he's been on this side of Busan multiple times.

His leg bounces up and down as Taehyung drives. He is full of anxiety, staring out the window. Many people were walking along the sidewalk, some on phones and others just trying to get off the street. A few familiar faces pop up along the sidewalk, making him a bit antsy.

A hand is placed onto his thigh, making him look over. "You've been on edge since we arrived in Busan. Relax, Jimin. You are with me and nothing is going to happen." Taehyung tries to reassure the older, knowing how much he dislikes this place now. The only reason he returns is to carry out missions or meet with Big Bang. He doesn't visit on his own accord.

He takes a deep breath in, relaxing under the younger's touch. Even if it's just a little bit. He has to stay sane if he wants to keep Taehyung safe. He places his hand over the younger's and squeezes it. "I'll be okay." He gives him a small smile and starts to focus on the mission at hand.

They are soon pulling up to a mansion, not quite as big as theirs. It was still a sight to marvel at. Taehyung pulls the car up at the garage. The others must know they were going to be coming this way. The two get out, grabbing their bags and heading up to the door. They are greeted by one of the gang members, telling them to follow.

Taehyung puts a hand Jimin's lower back, helping him relax more and they follow. The walk to the meeting room seems almost endless. He knows that he's safe though. The person on the other side is who taught him what he knows now. He still has to keep reminding himself though.

He's safe. Tae is safe. No one is dangerous here.

He breathes out, his hand gripping onto the handles of his bag. Shouting is heard from the other side. The person must not be very happy. He flinches a little, faint memories replaying in his head.

He is not a threat, Jimin. You are just remembering the time before he saved you.

He shakes his head and snaps his gaze up when the door opens. A gang member rushes by, cussing under their breath. The two don't question it, looking inside the room. "Oh! Hi Jimin!" That voice belong to one the members who was close to the leader. It was G-Dragon, waving at the two of them.

Jimin gives him a small, hesitant smile and walks into the room. His eyes look over the rest before landing at the end of the table. The one who is in charge of the group. A smile forms on his lips, greeting the two of them.

"Just in time. Come. Sit."

-"One day that job is going to get you killed, Jungkook

-
"One day that job is going to get you killed, Jungkook."

He knows. Hell, did he know. Did that stop him? No. Not yet. He's still doing this ridiculous job and that's how ended up here.

He struggles against the restraints. He feels the blood dripping down his face, looking up to face his kidnapper. "Looks like we finally caught the infamous assassin. Any last words, Jeon?" The man crouches down in front of him.

Jungkook spits into the man's face, glaring at him. The man chuckles, wiping the spit from his face and looks at the other men. "You know what to do."

_________________________________________________

Word Count: 1,132